• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

my turbo xt clone cannot display video

redhawk579

Experienced Member
hello all, ive recently got a turbo xt clone and have been messing with it but it cannot
display monochrome graphics:| (or any graphics at all)

Details...the devil's in the details.

What are you using for a display card? What kind of monitor are you using? What kind of clone motherboard do you have? How are the switches set? What program are you trying to run?

This is one of the things I really dislike about people asking for help on the Inernet. When you figure it out, does it really hurt to go into a little more detail about what it took you to make it work right?

Yeah, well, sometimes even I don't want to talk about it--say, l"I plugged the monitor in..." :)

This is one of the things I really dislike about people asking for help on the Inernet. When you figure it out, does it really hurt to go into a little more detail about what it took you to make it work right?

what i did was use a vga card in 8bit mode

Well, he didn't actually ask for help or even tell us what kind of adapter/monitor combo he had so we could offer any meaningful advice, so presumably he just wanted to share his frustration with us. Of course we're all delighted that he solved his problem.

Back