• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Butt-load of boards

ohiomil

Hello all,
Firstly, I am not a scrapper or recycler. I bought everything long ago, pulled from working equipment. I can't test or guarantee. I have very little knowledge of the workings of a computer beyond monolithic IC's. (I do have a certificate for mouse training from 1995).:D
I have a butt-load of mother boards, daughter boards and probably some father boards and many cards all from the late 1980's through the mid 1990's. I say cards because I don't know what they are. I have photographed about 90 of them (over 500 photographs) and uploaded them to a photobucket account.
Here's my dillema. I would like to sell them all instead of selling them individually; it would take me months. 2 large, heavy boxes, probably weighing 40-60 pounds each. What is the best way to sell everything all at once? I will be selling a Friden Flexowriter and large quantity of very early Fairchild and Signetics monolithic flatpacks, planar technology, from 1964-1968 on ebay today. Those items I can deal with, but almost 100 boards and cards ain't happening! Not to mention, how can I link to all the pictures?
I would appreciate any suggestions.

Hello all,
Firstly, I am not a scrapper or recycler. I bought everything long ago, pulled from working equipment. I can't test or guarantee. I have very little knowledge of the workings of a computer beyond monolithic IC's. (I do have a certificate for mouse training from 1995).:D
I have a butt-load of mother boards, daughter boards and probably some father boards and many cards all from the late 1980's through the mid 1990's. I say cards because I don't know what they are. I have photographed about 90 of them (over 500 photographs) and uploaded them to a photobucket account.
Here's my dillema. I would like to sell them all instead of selling them individually; it would take me months. 2 large, heavy boxes, probably weighing 40-60 pounds each. What is the best way to sell everything all at once? I will be selling a Friden Flexowriter and large quantity of very early Fairchild and Signetics monolithic flatpacks, planar technology, from 1964-1968 on ebay today. Those items I can deal with, but almost 100 boards and cards ain't happening! Not to mention, how can I link to all the pictures?
I would appreciate any suggestions.

Just post your photobucket slideshow link here.

I can't recall if you're allowed to link to another site if you don't have 5 posts, that may just be for embedding pictures though. You could just type in the url though if you have the pictures somewhere already.

We'll see if that works. What a disappointing experience. Photobucket uploaded many photos multiple times instead of the correct ones.

see below for slideshows

Last edited:
These are links to the boards and cards. 5 slideshows over 90 boards and cards.

CLICK ON THE THUMBNAIL PICTURES BELOW FOR SLIDESHOWS OF OVER 90 CARDS AND BOARDS

Last edited:
8086 through 80486 motherboards are worth some money each when still 100%. Once they no longer work or have battery leakage they are basically scrap to most people. ISA, VLB (and sometimes PCI) video and I/O cards are worth some money when still 100%. RAM, sound cards and the like are harder to sell. CPUs (lower) and FPUs (higher) generally have a low residual value.

Picture #190 for instance is a Sound Blaster CT1350 that will typically go for $ 20 (sometimes less, sometimes more).
Picture #277 for instance is a Cirrus Logic ISA VGA card that will typically go for $ 20 (sometimes less, sometimes more).

Modems and network cards are usually trashed right away.

Last edited:
Did you have most of these up in a series of eBay wholesale lot auctions a couple weeks ago then take it down after a couple days? Most of these look familiar as I was the high bidder on all of them until they were pulled. :)

8086 through 80486 motherboards are worth some money each when still 100%. Once they no longer work or have battery leakage they are basically scrap to most people.

Thank you for the info PeterNY. I don't think I have any of those boards.

Modems and network cards are usually trashed right away.

That's what the last generation did with their soundcards and that's why they are collectible today.

Last edited:
Did you have most of these up in a series of eBay wholesale lot auctions a couple weeks ago then take it down after a couple days? Most of these look familiar as I was the high bidder on all of them until they were pulled. :)

Yes, sorry about that. I received a lot of requests for more and better pictures. Then I decided to ask how to sell the whole lot.

I am curious about some of the boards. The one that says "Opus". Is that a motherboard? It has little rubber feet on the bottom, but it has connectors on the side. I can't access my own photos (photobucket) from work, so I don't know which group it's in. Firewall blocked.

Is there a sticky that contains a glossary of computer terms? Especially the different types of cards and connectors.

Those Unibus framebuffer boards look very interesting. Are they still available?
Actually, are all the Unibus boards you have still available?

Back