• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: Prototype Sound Blaster and Creative Music System

Anonymous Freak

Veteran Member
Edit: Commitment to buy given, thanks all!

Need to pare down my collection, and as much as I want to keep these, I just won't be actually using them, and would rather see them go to someone who will use them.

They were detailed (and photographed) in this thread here:
http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?20890-Score!-Early-prototype-Sound-Blaster

and at a similar thread over on a vintage gaming forum:
http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=25052 (I never did image the floppies - no longer have a working DOS machine with 5.25" drive.)

Located in Portland, OR, willing to ship worldwide. Asking $200 for the prototype, $100 for the CMS, or $250 for the pair. (Or make an offer if you think that's too high or are worried someone else will offer more. :D)

Last edited:
Highly interested... you have mail.

I forget - the original post mentioned xeroxed manual that came with the Killer Card, but were you able to get those with the card, or no? - I'd love to scan and get those documented...

Ditto, Fiancee and I are saving for down-payment on a house, so no extra funds for large ($100+) purchases at the moment.

VERY, VERY cool piece of Computer history though, should almost be in a museum.

I passed on it as well. The price is fair to me. But I honestly would leave it on a shelf gathering dust. When I got into this I promised myself I wouldn't buy anything that I could not/would not use just for the sake of owning it. So far so good.

I dunno. There's prototype and then there's prototype. If this were the lab prototype (probably wire-wrapped), it would be unique. This looks to me like one of several early samples sent out to developers, so in theory, there are more of these.

Yeah, the proper term might be "early hand-made developer sample" It *IS* obviously an early sample, not even so much as an early production sample.

P.S. Looks to be sold, thanks all who were interested!

Back