• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Looking for 2 computers

bettablue

Veteran Member
WTB

I am in the market for 2 vintage computers.

:cool: 1. Apple Macintosh, the original Macintosh vintage 1985 to 1990 similar to the Lisa, complete working system. I'm not familiar with when these were actually made. (It is for a co-worker)

:eek:nfire: 2. IBM 5150 to 5170 or PS/2 complete system with keyboard and monochrome monitor (Monitor display color is not important, green or amber will be OK) dual floppy model, with or without internal hard disk. Original hard drive will be a plus though, but must have dual floppie drives

Please IM me so we can see if we can make a deal.

These should be easily enough located. Even eBay has some reasonably-priced, complete units - though actual working conditions may vary. If you buy from eBay or any other second-hand seller that isn't into vintage computers, be aware that you may have some troubleshooting or repair work ahead to bring the units to full functionality.

Also, you might want to check for more specifics for your coworker's Mac - to my (very limited) understanding, there were several models sold during that 1985-1990 timeframe, including the Apple IIc/IIe/GS and Lisa models.

Also, you might want to check for more specifics for your coworker's Mac - to my (very limited) understanding, there were several models sold during that 1985-1990 timeframe, including the Apple IIc/IIe/GS and Lisa models.

Yes, he may actually mean the Macintosh XL, which is essentially a Lisa 2/10. Or he may mean the Macintosh 128 which is the original "baby mac".

Tez

After talking to the guy at work, that he wants is the Macintosh 128. At this point, either system will be fine, working or not. The only thing I am really concerned about is if they are complete. I will work with non functioning computers on my end and will be glad to learn a few things along the way. I know parts for these aren't going to be all that easy to find, but at the same time, we have this forum, so hopefully any broken machine I get will soon be up and running. I have a small area in my den I can use as a sort of altar for it when and if I do get the IBM system. And as for keyboards, I collect model M's, so there won't be a problem finding a board to work with it. And, depending on the model, I can get a model F keyboard too. Monitors are going to be the real challenge. Trying to find a working monochrome VGA display will be the hard part.

I can see it now, I'll have to charge admission to my home for all of the old timers like me to come and sit in front of the IBM and write some lines in BASIC or something. That would be funny. ;-)

After talking to the guy at work, that he wants is the Macintosh 128. At this point, either system will be fine, working or not. The only thing I am really concerned about is if they are complete. I will work with non functioning computers on my end and will be glad to learn a few things along the way. I know parts for these aren't going to be all that easy to find, but at the same time, we have this forum, so hopefully any broken machine I get will soon be up and running. I have a small area in my den I can use as a sort of altar for it when and if I do get the IBM system. And as for keyboards, I collect model M's, so there won't be a problem finding a board to work with it. And, depending on the model, I can get a model F keyboard too. Monitors are going to be the real challenge. Trying to find a working monochrome VGA display will be the hard part.
I've got a paper white VGA. 256 shades of gray. It's 12".

I might be willing to part with my 5150 if the price is right! Specs: Dual 5.25 Full height floppies, Full 640k Ram by way of an AST sixpak, and a Monochrome adapter and 5151 Monochrome monitor and last but not a least a nice and heavy Model F keyboard which has all it's cork feet. Aso looks like it was hardly used. Works great too. PM me for more info.

Back