• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

8-bit ISA SCSI for Tandy 1000 TL/2

mikem

I'm looking for an 8-bit SCSI card for use in my Tandy 1000 TL/2. I want to run a SCSI hard drive & CDROM drive, and want to be able to boot from the hard drive (so it needs to have a BIOS chip).

Thanks!

Well, I've got a couple Tranton T130B boards without EPROMs or U6 PALs. If you can find someone to lend their U6 for me to copy, I could probably offer one up for sale (I already have the EPROM image).

Well, I've got a couple Tranton T130B boards without EPROMs or U6 PALs. If you can find someone to lend their U6 for me to copy, I could probably offer one up for sale (I already have the EPROM image).

A T130B probably isn't the best choice for the TL/2, for reasons mentioned here.

All-the-same, I'd be happy to lend you the PAL if you'd like to try copying it for anyone in need.

I'd love to take a shot at it. I suspect the issue may be with the ROM code. I know that Don Maslin had a couple of these also and was disappointed to learn that the missing U6 was a PAL.

The funny thing is that the T130B uses a controller chip (53C400) that's pretty much complete in itself. It has a memory-mapped interface with full 20-bit address decoding, chip selects for a BIOS ROM, the whole works to make a one-chip ISA SCSI interface. And Trantor gunks it all up by remapping memory as I/O addresses and generally hosing the interface.

At any rate, it should be possible to make it work as it should.

PM me for my mailing address.

Back