• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: 8" Floppies

bitfixer

Veteran Member
Looking to buy a few 8" floppy disks. Trying my hand at getting a couple of 8" drives back into action, and need some disks to work with.
I'm located in San Francisco, CA. I'd say I'm looking for on the order of 5-10 disks. Thanks!
- Mike

Looking to buy a few 8" floppy disks. Trying my hand at getting a couple of 8" drives back into action, and need some disks to work with.
I'm located in San Francisco, CA. I'd say I'm looking for on the order of 5-10 disks. Thanks!
- Mike
No problem; send me your address off-list (unless you're planning to visit Toronto).
Soft-sector, I assume? Single- or double-sided? (different index hole location).

Went back to the resale store, where I seen them. But was mistaken they were head cleaning kits for 8 inch disks.

Went back to the resale store, where I seen them. But was mistaken they were head cleaning kits for 8 inch disks.

If they really were 8" cleaning kits you might want to go back and pick those up... I would think those would be highly desired amongst the (barely existent) 8 inch floppy community.

You really think they would be THAT interested in them? I would think they could take them apart to clean the head. Should be easier to get too.

If they are what I think they are, they are like the Data Life ones for the 5.25s. One sleeve and a few inserts. I use the 5.25 ones all the time the disks are old. So I guess the 8 inch ones are just as old. With these kits you could make quite a few cleaning kits. Enough for most that use the 8 inch disks. You just need so sleeve from older 8 inch disks, one that the media is bad, would be the best way to go rather than using good disks. But I am sure those that had bad disks tossed them.

I will go back there to see if they are still open. They were going out of business.

With my luck I will buy it and it will be a bunch of long Q-tips.

Will let you know.

Take Care,

I've got jackets and inserts for 3.5, 5.25 and 8" drive cleaners. The big problem is finding the Freon TF that used to come with them. I've used Perc with some success; denatured alcohol also works okay.

Well I went back there and they were still there. So I picked them up. 2 sleeves and 2 inserts, 1 bottle of Isopropyl alcohol per kit. Now what, split them up and put them on Ebay to see what they go for? The money would go to buy more Apple II-IIgs items. It will be a while as some many things have to come first. Preparing a IIgs for a challenged person. The power sizzled and mush room cloud of smoke, top was off. Pull the plug, the computer was still on and had a picture onto the monitor. Glad it went with me using it. Have more power supplies. May try fixing all the bad ones.

Take Care.

Back