• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Does anyone collect 5.25" floppies?

Unusual User Name

I have a collection of ca 250 5.25" floppies in mostly hard and a few cardboard boxes. I have a range of brands and different types and styles within brands.

I have no idea if they will interest anybody, but there's no harm in posting to find out.

I want to halve my collection.

Very little is mint, but the brands I have are:
3M
Centech
Verbatim
Memron
CCS
CIS
Fuji
BASF
Precision
DataPerfect
Diskmaster
Xidex
Memorex
Wabash
DataTech
Nashua
KAO
DataParts
Computec
Diaspron
HMC

They vary in condition, and I have different quantities of each, but if you have a specific brand you're after just let me know.

I'd be interested in swapping for brands I don't have as long as you take two disks for every one you give me!

Perhaps people can give me a guide to value. I can't imagine the disks are worth anything, but maybe some boxes are?

Either PM or respond to post.

Thanks
Mark

If you weren't so far away i'd gladly take a few of the DS/DD types to work with if nothing else my C64.

Last edited:
Your too far in the other direction again heh, i still have a few packs of disks to use so i'm good atm but nothing like you two have i bet.

Do I collect them? Only if I know what's on them. New disks? Not so much.

You can take those Wabash floppies and use them for drink coasters, however. Wabash was notorious for binder problems. Put them in a disk drive and it's a craps shoot whether or not you'll wind up with a see-through floppy and fouled heads. When I see them in a job, I tell customers that we'd rather not handle them, but if we do, we may not get much and there may be a cleaning charge assessed if we have to clean the drive heads.

Back