• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Kid discovers and endorses Windows 2000 (video inside)

Pepinno

Veteran Member
I was surprised by this quite juvenile video...

Quote: "Who cares about support!?" :D

By the way, anyone knows from where is his English accent?

I don't get the purpose of the video. He is arguing that there's no need to upgrade from Win 2000 to Win XP because 2000 runs the same software as XP, it should since they both share the same kernel. XP IS Win 2000 with a "friendlier" interface.

Wow, my mind was BLOWN!:D

He's trying to sound really excited that the software runs on Windows 2000, but it says so right on the products web page that it'll run on 2000.

Windows 2000 is hardly "vintage" ... Moved to "off-topic"

Mike

I myself don't see the point of this video either...but 2000 Server is still running at my old school in one class room as a file server, an old Pentium 4 1.6 GHz with 256 MB ram. Works great, and it never touches the internet (and the computers that connect to it are Macs) so we aren't really worried about it catching a virus.

I've alway liked Windows 2000 because it's fairly light. But I keep running into more and more software that won't run on 2000. I've never really figured out what they're using in XP that's not available in 2000.

I don't get the purpose of the video. He is arguing that there's no need to upgrade from Win 2000 to Win XP because 2000 runs the same software as XP, it should since they both share the same kernel. XP IS Win 2000 with a "friendlier" interface.

Oh, c'mon...

I hope that, when you take a break from switch toggles in the front panel of your vintage Altair computer, you will aprehend the funny side of that video.

Thanks for the feedback.
But I am not a kid anymore.
This was back when I was a DieHard Win2K fan, I'm not anymore. ;-)

I haven't had very nice experiences with Windows XP.
And if this is an old PC forum, why promote new OSes?

As you can see, it is in the "General Off Topic" section, which means that newer OSs are off topic. How about giving it a go with Windows 1.01? :)

Well, speaking from my recent experiences, I've actually been pleasantly surprised with Windows 2000. It's not perfect, you can definitely tell it's more of an upgrade to NT than a general-user OS, but it's most of what's good about XP only a lot lighter. (Which reminds me, I'll have to give those API upgrades a shot...)

Back