• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

New Apple II haul, need help identifying stuff

33black

Experienced Member
Just got back from driving down south to buy this Apple II(e) lot from an old computer teacher for $60. It was well worth the $60, as there's just a ton of software, a color composite monitor, Duodisk, the apple IIe itself, and a dot matrix epson printer. Also a joystick, system saver, and keypad. There's a bunch of random cables, boxed expansion cards, etc, that I'm going to need help identifying exactly what they are and do.

Attached are some pictures. If anyone can tell me more about the stuff, and their present "market" value, what people should be paying for them, or what they're fetching on evil bay, that would be appreciated. It's always best to be educated and then make your own decisions.

He had an Apple II plus which was non-working, and an Apple II that he said he was going to hang on to because he knew it could get more money.

A few of the cards are pretty self explanatory, but I'm not sure of their present worth, etc.

there was a Hayes Micromodem II card in there, a Buffered Grappler+ printer card, an Applied Engineering Ramworks II card with the manual and original software. There's a few other 80column expander cards, a serial interface, the joystick interface card, etc. There's also a ROM card with a red A/B switch on it? What was that for? I think I googled and found that it had to do with Apple Basic going from 4k to 12k for the original apple II.

The keyboard on this machine is white lettered with giant white open and close apples on it. Is that an earlier model? My useable clean model is black letters. There are two keys missing on the keyboard. Looks like the left control key and the left caps lock and apostrophe keys.

I'm not exactly sure about the board itself, maybe it's an earlier model put into a different case? Where do I find that info on the board?

I'm heading off to work now, but I'll probably check in. Pretty exciting little lot I have here to restore.

Sorry for some blurry-ish photos. In a hurry. :)

photo copy 2.jpgphoto copy 3.jpgphoto copy.jpgphoto.jpg

Well the Rom card was for holding integer basic, while the machine would have floating point basic, which was Applesoft Basic. Actually I think some loaded it the other way around, at first. Two different cursors.

I would say it is worth $20-40

Next is the modem card. I do not think it is complete. Missing cables and coupling box.

Third photo has the Super R RIF video out for channel 33 on the old UHF tvs, need the switch box so you can switch between the TV (UHF) and RF video in.

Around $10.

The other card not sure where it came from.

Take Care

It may be that some of this was from an older Apple II or Plus that no longer exists, and then the person got a replacement Apple IIe system. The haul is not really worth a lot of $$ per se, but sounds like you plan to have a lot of fun with it. $60 for everything was "retail", but I am not being critical, you got a good deal if you use the stuff and have fun with it. The ROM card may have some interesting stuff on it. Use the ROM monitor (* prompt) to scan memory from 0000 to FFFF to see what's there.

The Sup R Mod's were from the original Apple II's, so it would get you at least $20 I would think, they're usually on Ebay for about that much. That's partially why I am thinking it came from somewhere else. Most Apple II e users had a composite monitor.

I see the remains of a Sinclair ZX81.
It's still slightly useable if you are into making a pretty authentic looking bits and bobs system.

my_zx81.jpg

The Integer cards typically move on ePay for anywhere from $150 to $225. These are typically used to make a II+ behave like a II. Don't let anyone low-ball you on it. The other stuff - probably sell for less than what it costs to ship.

The Integer cards typically move on ePay for anywhere from $150 to $225.

I've never seen an Apple II ROM Card go for anywhere near that. Yes, there are a few listed on eBay for those sky-high amounts, but those guys are smoking some funny weed. Typically, they go for a fraction of that - usually $25-$50.

always remember to cross check against "completed listing" for a reality check. it's not by accident a lot of stuff on fleabay don't move (watching a few clones sitting at $250 for a few months)

Back