• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Amdek 310 question

TeamRocketReviews

Experienced Member
Is there any way to adjust the tint shade of the Amdek amber monochrome monitors? I need a mono hercules monitor, but I can't stand the yellow colour. I'd much prefer it to be an orange colour, like the Compaq Portable III. Also, is there a green screen version of the Amdek 310 MDA/Hercules monitor?

The only way to change it, short of installing a colored gel filter over it, is to change the tube itself. I think the 310 was amber only, but the 410 could be had in green, white or amber.

I know it's amber only, but is there a way to adjust the tint? I know that the IBM 5151 has a tint adjustment, so I suppose the Amdek would too...

I know it's amber only, but is there a way to adjust the tint? I know that the IBM 5151 has a tint adjustment, so I suppose the Amdek would too...

No, the 5151 has contrast and brightness adjustments, nothing more. You get your choice of color from dark green to bright green, but it's still green. Same with the 310, except the color is amber.

If you don't really mean "tint" (i.e. color), what do you mean?

I meant contrast and brightness. Does anyone own an Amdek 310A? DOSliveson, you said you owned one, could you tell me how the contrast works?

So what does the amber look like? I've never seen one of these IRL, so could someone post a picture of it with an image on the screen?

Not mine, but this is the monitor with a picture on it.
gallery_27823_643_424927.jpg

Back