• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Greetings from Southern California (USA)

cbetts

Just popping in here to introduce myself. I am a hardcore Apple ][ fan. I still have some of my equipment from the eighties during my high school days. My pride and joy in my Apple IIgs with all the trimmings (80mb hard drive, CDROM, dual 3.5" floppies, dual 5.25" floppies). I also still have a few old Macs (68K and PPC variety)

I was also deep into the Commodore scene. I worked as a certified technician in a Commodore repair shop while still in high school. Later in life, I got sucked into the world of Sun Computers. I have several SPARC systems but nothing from the Sun/3 days or older.

I also have a history of owning a Varian 620/L minicomputer (sorry, no pics :()

I will be posting pics later.

Welcome to the forums! The diverse stories and pictures from the people on here are always interesting and fun to hear. :)
I have a Power Macintosh 5260, Apple //c, and a few others. But I'd like to get a IIGS and a //e someday.

Anyway, enjoy your time on here.

Welcome to the forums cbetts! Glad to see another vintage computer geek from SoCal! Also we have another thing in common for my pride and joy is also my Apple IIGS. Would love to see your setup (though ain't no way you's gonna beat mine :)) Check it out, son:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/P8FCxaYJDiE_XhoVTLeJ1dMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/3ryiCqVqSzgRnWJbbYz4rtMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

I also host a youtube channel dedicated to the Apple IIGS: http://www.youtube.com/brianpicchi

lol, already with the competition ;-) Welcome to the forums! Sounds like an entertaining childhood and I bet some great stories. So was the C= repair shop owned by Commodore or a third party? Did you see the recent IIGS with CDROM on ebay sell? $307.99 for a IIgs, high speed SCSI card and CDROM.

Welcome to the forums cbetts! Glad to see another vintage computer geek from SoCal! Also we have another thing in common for my pride and joy is also my Apple IIGS. Would love to see your setup (though ain't no way you's gonna beat mine :)) Check it out, son:

Quite impressive! I can't quite compete with that. Here is a pic of the GS:
lisa8.jpg

Also, mine boots via LocalTalk from my PowerMac 6100!

Nice IIGS. Do you disinfect your Apple II stuff in cat litter? :)

LOL! No, I use the old litter buckets to store all my IT parts. They stack well in the garage and stay sealed.

I still have storage boxes of many old computers. I will be pulling them out and taking inventory later this year.

Very nice! Eying around and feeling lke my eyes are failing, is that an Sparcstation IPC/LX? What are the games there (yeah just being nosy lol)? Almost looks like it says Ultima but wasn't sure if they were GS games.

Very nice! Eying around and feeling lke my eyes are failing, is that an Sparcstation IPC/LX? What are the games there (yeah just being nosy lol)? Almost looks like it says Ultima but wasn't sure if they were GS games.

Close. It is a SPARC Classic. Same style case. I am planning on putting a mini PC in it and installing Solaris 10u7 (the last Sun labeled release).

Back