• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

win3.1 installation disk 7 of 7

Thanks again Mike for keep me on the straight and narrow. BTW, I never wanted to punch you in the nose but I wouldn't mind if someone else did. Peace!
LOL! I'll let you know (with pictures) if/when someone steps forward ;-)

Of course, Peace! We're all friends here, mostly either looking for help or for an opportunity to give it if we can, albeit with the occasional difference of opinions.

I'm sure he was being funny saying viola. :) It's like saying "mercy buttercups silver plates". However I do have an issue with the picture. It is obviously set up by an amateur since the string spacing is off by so much you can see it from across the room. (I used to sell those things.) Anyway, string setup is probably not the best subject to start a fight about on this forum - I'll think of something else. :p

FWIW, in the internal US English Windows 3.1 OS product archive I see:
(7) 1.2MB disk images
(6) 1.44MB disk images
(12) 720KB disk images.

Is this an open invitation to post one's favorite viola jokes?.

Shades of Harold in Italy!
Thanks for that; I remember reading those years ago and it's fun to look through them again, as well as the comments from outraged humour-challenged violists ;-)

There were no doubt folks who'd have disagreed with Paganini when on reading the first movement of Harold he complained: "I am silent a great deal too long. I must be playing (the viola) all the time."

Hello Yet Again!

How ironic that this thread has reached page 7 of 7.

At the risk of getting back to the subject, does anyone out there have the floppy I'm looking for?

I seem to recall GottaLotta Stuff said he might have something... but it could have been a copy. I can't remember.

Thanks to everyone who contributed. It was fun.

Well, back to the fray.

BFN

At the risk of getting back to the subject, does anyone out there have the floppy I'm looking for?

I seem to recall GottaLotta Stuff said he might have something... but it could have been a copy. I can't remember.

You can review the whole thread by clicking "Click here to review the whole thread. " at the bottom of the page. Twolazy and Gottalotta both had Dell disks. Not MS.

sponge.belly said:
It must be an original 3.5inch with
"Windows ver 3.1 Disk 7 of 7"
written on the label.

I'm assuming that means you want an original Microsoft diskette. If you post a picture of one of the others, then there will be no confusion.

Hello Again!

Retrieved the disks from storage at the weekend.

They're Digital not Dell. Each disk has "Digital AK-PTF?B-CA" written along the top where ? is a letter between U and Z.

And the labels read: Windows ver 3.1 Disk [1-6]. I don't know where I got the "of 7" part.

Just shows you how malleable memories can be.

But I'm sure there was a 7th disk. Or at least, as sure as I can be...

- SB

Hello Again!

Retrieved the disks from storage at the weekend.

They're Digital not Dell. Each disk has "Digital AK-PTF?B-CA" written along the top where ? is a letter between U and Z.

And the labels read: Windows ver 3.1 Disk [1-6]. I don't know where I got the "of 7" part.

Just shows you how malleable memories can be.

But I'm sure there was a 7th disk. Or at least, as sure as I can be...

- SB

Have you heard the rumor of an 8th disk (disc)? . . . .

Windows 3.1 definitely had 7 No. 3.5" disks in the set - the 7th disk is labelled Additional Printer Drivers. I have 2 originals, one Microsoft and the other from an OEM, Dan Technology plc.
WFW (3.11) definitely had 8 No. 3.5" disks in the set - again, I have a Microsoft original.

I have Win 3.1 Upgrade with 7 disks. In tiny print at the top of the label it says AV3.11 Also when installed it says 3.11

I am trying to find disk 6 drivers for my Toshiba t4800ct laptop. I need disk six drivers to install my Epson EX-1000. Is there anyway/ anywhere I can download this, put it on a floppy disk and install it?

Windows 3.1 definitely had 7 No. 3.5" disks in the set - the 7th disk is labelled Additional Printer Drivers. I have 2 originals, one Microsoft

I thought we determined that there were only 6 disks from Microsoft but that sometimes OEMs (like Dell) had a 7th with drivers. Anyway, I'm not going to read through the whole thread right now, so I checked a disk set that was lying nearby. Yes, there are indeed seven - and this set also has original MS labels. Funny, other sets only seem to have 6 as I recall. I'll post a picture later.

severerevier said:
I am trying to find disk 6 drivers for my Toshiba t4800ct laptop. I need disk six drivers to install my Epson EX-1000. Is there anyway/ anywhere I can download this, put it on a floppy disk and install it?

Yes, you can find that file/disk on the net. Which file is it? Here's the contents:

Code:
Volume in drive A is WIN30DISK06
 Directory of A:\

CANONIII.DRV    COURA.FON       COURB.FON       COURC.FON       COURE.FON
COURF.FON       DESKJET.DRV     DESKJET.HLP     FINSTALL.DLL    FINSTALL.HLP
HELVA.FON       HELVB.FON       HELVC.FON       HELVE.FON       HPPCL.DRV
HPPCL.HLP       HPPCL5A.DRV     MODERN.FON      PSCRIPT.DRV     PSCRIPT.HLP
ROMAN.FON       SCRIPT.FON      SYMBOLA.FON     SYMBOLF.FON     TMSRA.FON
TMSRC.FON       TMSRE.FON       TMSRF.FON
       28 file(s)        714,704 bytes
                               0 bytes free

However, I think you must have meant disk 7 which looks like this:

Code:
 Volume in drive A is WIN30DISK07
 Directory of A:\

123.PIF         CITOH.DRV       CR12RPA.PJF     DM600.DRV       EPSON24.DRV
EPSON9.DRV      FUJIMTRX.DRV    HPPLOT.DRV      IBM4019.DRV     IBMCOLOR.DRV
IBMGRX.DRV      LBP8II.DRV      LG08RPA.PJF     LG12RPA.PJF     NEC24PIN.DRV
OKI24.DRV       OKI9.DRV        OKI9IBM.DRV     OLIPRIN2.DRV    OLIPRINT.DRV
PAINTJET.DRV    PAINTJET.HLP    PROPRINT.DRV    PROPRN24.DRV    QWIII.DRV
SF4019.EXE      TH760.DRV       THINKJET.DRV    TI850.DRV       TOSHIBA.DRV
TTY.DRV         TTY.HLP

Edit: I just realized that these are from 3.0 NOT 3.1.

Last edited:
Oh awesome. Thank you for your help. I am not quite as tech savy as you are. I though I would be able to put the files of "Disk 6" of workgroup 3.11, that holds all the printer drivers, and then put them on a floppy disk and then install that onto my lap top. I just got it running, and I can't connect it to the internet.

Back