• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

What card is this?

NaokiS

I don't know whether this is the right sectionfor this but it made sense to me. I have this old ISA 8-bit PC card which has a mini-DIN 8 pn connecter (official standard). It's made by Guts and has a GA1901AF chip on it with an ST-T74LS86B1 anda 74LS123 chip on it. I've serarch for it but the only references I can get are various component manufacturers trying to sell this board for like $90. If anyone has a clue what it exactly it is or what it does I'm all ears.

IMAGE_014.jpg

Also, I have what I believe is a CGA card but I'm unsure whether it is or not. It has a male DE-9 connector and a RCA jack next to it. I thought this could have been composite out and thus CGA but the computers I've tried do a POST fail saying there's no graphics adapter installed and I get no output from the TV. I know MDA adaptors use DE-9 female ports so this is why I'm unsure if it is. I had set the bios to use CGA graphics.

I don't know whether this is the right sectionfor this but it made sense to me. I have this old ISA 8-bit PC card which has a mini-DIN 8 pn connecter (official standard). It's made by Guts and has a GA1901AF chip on it with an ST-T74LS86B1 anda 74LS123 chip on it. I've serarch for it but the only references I can get are various component manufacturers trying to sell this board for like $90. If anyone has a clue what it exactly it is or what it does I'm all ears.

View attachment 9331
Looks like a Bus-Mouse card to me. The Bus-mouse was one of the three common interfaces for computer mouses in the late 80's and early 90's.

I've got this same card in my Dell System 310, think the model of mine is GS-IF. Comparing it to the Logitech card in my 5160, I agree too that it's a bus mouse card. However I can't find any drivers for it. Much less any references.

Also, I have what I believe is a CGA card but I'm unsure whether it is or not. It has a male DE-9 connector and a RCA jack next to it. I thought this could have been composite out and thus CGA but the computers I've tried do a POST fail saying there's no graphics adapter installed and I get no output from the TV. I know MDA adaptors use DE-9 female ports so this is why I'm unsure if it is. I had set the bios to use CGA graphics.

A photo would help, but I'll agree with your suspicion that this isn't a CGA card.

Back