• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Motherboard Batteries: TADIRAN TL-5242/W - 4 pin connector

barney

Experienced Member
I'm selling TADIRAN Batteries ( TL-5242/W ). This is the type of battery used on Vintage 286, 386 and 486 Motherboards.

If the stock battery on your Vintage motherboard is dead or leaking acid, this TADIRAN battery is a good replacement for that. Check your motherboard closely, because you likely have the 4 pin connector to install one of these replacement batteries. Email me if you would like to purchase some; I have around 20 or so that I'm selling. I am selling them for $5 + $2 shipping ( $7 total). If you would like more than one, the total shipping cost will remain at $2. Thanks.

Barney

To be clear to folks, this is not the round "barrel" NiCd rechargeable battery seen on many motherboards, but rather the roughly 0.6" (17mm) square by 2.5" (61mm) long 3.6V lithium with a 4-position header at the end of a wire lead and having a patch of Velcro fabric on one face.

Most folks just use a battery holder with several "AA" sized batteries, but the Tadrian was original on some systems.

Hopefully they're not NOS, right?

Wouldn't matter much if they are... those things seem to last forever. I have a couple used ones around here from the early '90s, which still test at 3.6-3.7V.

All the batteries are dated from 2007 (unused). I'm currently using one myself and it is working fine. Let me know if your interrested. Chuck(G) is correct. This isn't the barrel type. They are rectangular with a 4 pin adapter. Plugs directly in the motherboard.

Barney

Generally speaking, a lithium battery pretty much keeps its full charge for at least 10 years if it's unused, so purchasers should be safe buying these.

In case anyone cares these are the batteries used on the Everex STEP Megacube EISA boards. You can probably also use them on some G2K systems. My G2K 386SX-16 has a soldered NiCd barrel battery. But, it also has a 4 pin header to replace the battery. Smart to include the header, stupid not to have used it from the beginning! If you check modem7's site you will see that some people have issues using these on the 5170s.

I still have approx 15 Tadiran batteries left. If anybody wants one, let me know. Thanks.

Back