• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

hello from Thiailand

Four-Phase

let me introduce myself as a vintage computer USER (oops, am I in the right forum??). I presently residence in Thailand...
I used to work with data-entry systems like Four-Phase. The word Four-Phase brings me back to the days (30years ago)
when i used to sit in the computer room from morning to night!! In fact ,the computer room WAS also my bedroom!! such was
the stiution then. I love working with the hardware too.(IV-70 and IV-90, NP80.)
Like to bring back some nostalgic memory of the Four-Phase System.
I wonder are there any Four-Phase user here in the forum??

Wow, very neat. Welcome to the forums and sounds like you'll fit in just fine here :) Do you have any vintage computers at the home today or just the memories of computing past? I could see it being difficult but interesting to hear what computers were popular in Thailand historically.

let me introduce myself as a vintage computer USER (oops, am I in the right forum??). I presently residence in Thailand...
I used to work with data-entry systems like Four-Phase. The word Four-Phase brings me back to the days (30years ago)
when i used to sit in the computer room from morning to night!! In fact ,the computer room WAS also my bedroom!! such was
the stiution then. I love working with the hardware too.(IV-70 and IV-90, NP80.)
Like to bring back some nostalgic memory of the Four-Phase System.
I wonder are there any Four-Phase user here in the forum??
I do not know anything about Four-Phase, but Welcome to VCF!!!

Welcome to the forums!

It's always very interesting to see where all our members come from across the world and how vintage computing is not forgotten there.

Wow, very neat. Welcome to the forums and sounds like you'll fit in just fine here :) Do you have any vintage computers at the home today or just the memories of computing past? I could see it being difficult but interesting to hear what computers were popular in Thailand historically.

Hi Barythrin, Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I do own a few obsolete pc's. My favourite being Sinclair (I have both the monochrome and color models). I also have a microprocessor training kit called D2 from Motorola. Have you heard of it?? When I was an engineering student, I remember assembling the SUPER BOARD myself!!! I was not very keen in PC then because it was only 8-bit in nature, can't do much then. I used PC for automated interfacing. I remember I wrote using Assembly, a program that control elevator (lifts), in a high rise building. The lift broke down more often than the computer!!! hehehehehe

There is not much computing history here in Thailand,
Thailand only really started IT sometime around year 2000..Today you may noticed that most of its Government departments are already online...especially the immigration dept. Sorry you cant overstay here anymore!!! Those days you may just come-in and stay a few years.Then when you want to exit, just tell them "I LOST MY PASSPORT". You are FREE to go!!! How nice!!! It does NOT work anymore...thanks to TI!!! hahahahaha

Thailand usually bought 2nd hand (obsolete) model at new inflated prices. Thanks to corruption and monopolies. I better DONT added anymore here...I might be SHOT!!!

Anyway best wishes and good luck to you.

I do not know anything about Four-Phase, but Welcome to VCF!!!

hi RWALLMOW, How are you?? I notice you have an APPLE LOGO as your avatar. For your information, Four-Phase and Apple
buildings are next to each other in Cupertino, USA. I remember that when I was there. Thanks and Bests of luck to you.

Welcome to the forums!

It's always very interesting to see where all our members come from across the world and how vintage computing is not forgotten there.

Hi DOS LIVES ON!!!.Thanks. I remember before DOS, I used to a program called CPM (on ADDS systems)...I wonder if you still have memories of that??

Welcome. I spent a year in Udorn as a representative of the US government. I still have fond memories of my stay. Perhaps, some day, I may return for a visit.

Hi Rick, How are you??Were you a Vietnam Veteran?? Udorn today is unlike like yesteryears. Most of the pubs, clubs and joints are long gone!!! The air base is still there. I haven't been there for a long long time. I stayed here in the (resistive ) south, with a small war going -on. Noting to worry about. It is still safe. If you come back to Thailand , please let me know. I will try to meet up with you. thanks bests wishes to you.

Yep. Vietnam War era vet. Meeting you would be my pleasure!

I though vet soldiers were a movie thing, never though I would have notice of one! It's very strange to think that USA is a nation with a very solid army, in Brazil we don't have wars like USA x Vietnam, anything above a local riot is strange to me. Anyway, sorry for interrupting your welcome Four-Phase! Be welcome here!

before DOS, I used to a program called CPM (on ADDS systems).

Have a look at the CP/M and S100 sections of this forum. You'll see CP/M is not only still alive in many vintage machines, but also there are groups actively working to bring amazing new capabilities to the hardware platforms that were designed initially for 8-bit operation.

Hello there Four-Phase, and welcome to the forums.

Have a look at this page: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four-Phase_Systems

Is this the company you're talking about?
hi WMH,,oh...YES!!!...that was the system!!!. Looks like its is DEAD!!! but very much alive here....hehehehe
WMH...where do u come from??? R u an apple follower??? You must have many old apples systems in your yard...do you??
anyway...sorry for the late reply...i was having a break in the Philipines ...have you been there???

hi WMH,,oh...YES!!!...that was the system!!!. Looks like its is DEAD!!! but very much alive here....hehehehe
WMH...where do u come from??? R u an apple follower??? You must have many old apples systems in your yard...do you??
anyway...sorry for the late reply...i was having a break in the Philipines ...have you been there???

I do like Apple's older systems, but I don't have a pile of them in my yard. :) I have an Apple //c, but that's about it when it comes to vintage. The only other Apple product I have is an iPhone.

I've never been to the Philippines, but maybe I'll go some day.

hi wmh... i noticed that you r from florida...i knew someone from here too... thats a long long time ago..they used to stayed in kuala Lumpur(1975)...both were graduate from FSU...and had a son name Timmy. His name (if i can still recalled) was something like Dr.Alexandria Al Dohany...do you know him?? i have completely LOST touch with him...wonder whether if he is still alive today???....can you help?? tq

hi wmh... i noticed that you r from florida...i knew someone from here too... thats a long long time ago..they used to stayed in kuala Lumpur(1975)...both were graduate from FSU...and had a son name Timmy. His name (if i can still recalled) was something like Dr.Alexandria Al Dohany...do you know him?? i have completely LOST touch with him...wonder whether if he is still alive today???....can you help?? tq

Sorry, I can't help you there. FSU is in the north of the state, and I'm down here in the south.

Have you tried looking on Facebook or another social networking site? You could probably find him or his son on there since you remember their names.

Sorry, I can't help you there. FSU is in the north of the state, and I'm down here in the south.

Have you tried looking on Facebook or another social networking site? You could probably find him or his son on there since you remember their names.
The problem with me is I AM not on facebook!!! sounds silly right??? but i have to face reality...
I find Facebook totally rubbish!!! Can you pls try using ur account??? anyway not important....sorry for suggesting...
WMH...I have a few rows of old memory (1mb) type...suitable for 286 boards.....do you want it?? it free..
May i ask...have you been to this part of the world (asia)??

The problem with me is I AM not on facebook!!! sounds silly right??? but i have to face reality...
I find Facebook totally rubbish!!! Can you pls try using ur account??? anyway not important....sorry for suggesting...
WMH...I have a few rows of old memory (1mb) type...suitable for 286 boards.....do you want it?? it free..
May i ask...have you been to this part of the world (asia)??

I don't have a Facebook account, and I must agree with you. I find it rubbish.

Thanks for the offer. I don't have any 286 boards, but there's probably someone here who does.

I've never been to Asia, but my father has been there many times. I really want to go someday myself.

Back