• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

HP System 9000 model 305

tipc

Banned
Principality of Xeon W-2140B the Great State of Ce
I've had this for a while. I pulled whatever cards were in it, the presumption being I didn't have a complete system, only the cga and h/d card (or so I thought), and gave the case to my neighbor, which was on the rough side kind of, who's into scrapping. Apparently a number of people make their livings around here doing just that. Anyway I took another look at the cards, and noticed an NEC v30 chip! So I had the cpu card after all. What a screwball. I made my neighbor give me the case back (I gave him a bunch of other metal).
Anyone else out there w/the same unit or the companion Vectra model? v30 corresponds to the 8086 right? I didn't have time to plug it all in today. My luck all of it is fried.

If you did, you answered with an interrogation mark.

"...right?" to me means "isn't that true?" So you're looking for affirmation. I gave it to you.

The 305, my Leading Edge Model M, and one of the NCR PC4s.

DSCN0537.jpgDSCN0555.jpgDSCN0541.jpg

I know none of these look like much, but just try find one. I've wanted a Vectra forever, particularly w/the color card. Found one dude in California who had a Vectra 286 though w/mono. The NCRs are also rare. As is the Model M.

Last edited:
The 305, my Leading Edge Model M, and one of the NCR PC4s.

View attachment 9668View attachment 9669View attachment 9670

I know none of these look like much, but just try find one. I've wanted a Vectra forever, particularly w/the color card. Found one dude in California who had a Vectra 286 though w/mono. The NCRs are also rare. As is the Model M.
Interesting, are you going to post pictures after you restore them?

I don't know. The first thing I would like to do is use electrolysis to remove the rust on the Model M. Also repaint the case components. The bezel is fine, thank the Lord. The top case has a weird latex paint job. Don't know when I'll get to this stuff though. I would like to find a loving home for the NCR PC4. It's a peecee compatible by the way. A guy in Germany wanted one, but I talked him out of it. A totally fun computer. I have 3 of them, one is absolutely buried in my storage unit, the other one (not pictured) is in rough shape compared to the one showing. I figured if I travel across country, I could throw that in the old bomb and if I have to leave the car somewhere LOL, it's no big loss. If the car does make it, there's fun for me at my destination!
Incidentally no k/b's for the NCR, IBM PS/2 Model 50, Victor VPCII. All those are going *somewhere*. The PS/2 uses a PS/2 k/b obviously, the other 2 standard pc keyboard (pc or pc/xt).

Back