• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Where are the Apple museums?

classiccomputing

Experienced Member
I would like everyone's help in determining where the significant Apple museums and collections are. I know both James and John have a nice collection, but who else stands out these days? There was a recently opened Apple museum in Moscow, but are there other ones out there? Where?

Please help. Just post here as to where are the -

large dedicated Apple collections

large dedicated mac collections

actual Apple museums (private or public)

actual Mac museums (private or public)

Thanks!

Best,

David Greelish, Computer Historian

- Author, "The Complete Historically Brewed"
- Founder, Atlanta Historical Computing Society
- "Classic Computing Show" podcast
- "Stan Veit's History of the Personal Computer" audiobook podcast
- "Retro Computing Roundtable" podcast

ClassicComputing.com | atlhcs.org

There's at least three small Apple museums here that I know of but they are all locked away in dark basements and not accessible to the public.
The Mac Market down in Kits used to have a fairly impressive collection lining the walls.

I assume you're referring to brick and mortar, not just online? Curious why the interest? I would think one place to look would be the Apple I registry although those owners may be getting into the infeasible category. Also most computer museums certainly will have a good set of Apple representation. I don't know of any museums that are really dedicated to just one product other than the vendor themselves. I would certainly think that Apple HQ would have something but they do think different so perhaps looking at the past isn't their way.

I would certainly think that Apple HQ would have something but they do think different so perhaps looking at the past isn't their way.

Interesting point. The term "fanboi" was coined for Apple lovers, and being a fanboi also implies lusting for the latest. I've been offered 2-year old Apple gear that the owner was embarrassed to be seen in public with. So does "museum" challenge the Apple ethos? I won't collect anything under 10 yrs old, so I guess I'm not a fanboi. I see it as my personal challenge to planned obsolesence.

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Rage! Rage, against the dying of the light"
--- Dylan Thomas

Last edited:
I've been offered 2-year old Apple gear that the owner was embarrassed to be seen in public with.

Ugh, it's so true. Even though my avatar is an Apple logo, my modern stuff is all Microsoft. Windows PC's just seem to last much longer.

Back