• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Good Mulimeter Resource

...nor my 260, nor my RCA VTVM...

Can't have everything, I guess. On the other hand, you couldn't buy a half-decent multimeter back then for the equivalent of today's half-sawbuck Chinese ones.

My favorite meter is one I got as a freebie for ordering more than $50 of parts from a supplier. Big-letter display, backlight, RLC and temperature measurement. And, for what it is, pretty accurate.

On the other hand, you couldn't buy a half-decent multimeter back then for the equivalent of today's half-sawbuck Chinese ones.
That's for sure. It seems to me that back in the 70's the list price for the 160 I have was a few hundred bucks.

On the other hand, you couldn't buy a half-decent multimeter back then for the equivalent of today's half-sawbuck Chinese ones.
I've been through several of those (half-sawbuck Chinese) and I'll never buy another. They're really CRAP!!! One only lasted for a couple of years and another didn't even make one year. Besides, they weren't digital. I got a nice, digital, Sperry around six or seven years ago for $20 - $25 and have no complaints.

Betcha that Sperry didn't make it. Here's an inexpensive one that I have (I also have an older Fluke, but I like this one better:

ms8264-main.jpg

I purchased a Fluke 29 series 2 multimeter 15 years ago and besides needing a few new 9v batteries it still works like new.

Back