• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Edit Profile

bettablue

Veteran Member
I know! Normally one cannot change or edit a profile name, but in this case I thought I would ask.

Look; everyone here knows me. There's no more reason to use a handle, and I would prefer to get rid of the handle so I can begin using something that more closely resembles my own real name. There are multiple reasons for this, primarilly business related.

So, short of registering a new user ID and starting over, which wouldn't really accomplish much, and which would effectively cut me short on everything I've written under the handle bettablue; is there a way to somehow re-link everything to a new user ID?

If I do re-register, can the original preferences, links, posts, replies, and statuses from the original profile be copied to the new one?

Thanks guys and gals.

I believe only super moderators can change their own name, but I don't know if the moderator can change others names upon request. I too have thought about doing the same, but the name "DLO" has kind of stuck. :)

Thomas, it never hurts to ask. So just do it... ask. If it's possible to do I'm sure they will do it for you. BTW, I see you changed your picture. FWIW, everyone has a handle on all kinds of forums like this one so that in itself would be an indication that having a handle that does not resemble your name is considered the norm. IOW, if you can't get it changed easily, don't sweat it.

That's pretty much what I thought. Either a Super Admin, or maybe just leave it, but for business purposes, it would be a good thing for me to at least have my own name associated in with my profile name somehow. Yeah, the practice of using a handle may be the norm, and yeah, it's all over the place. Still, for what I'm doing, it would be a good thing if it could be changed.

I admin'ed a vBulletin board long ago, and at that time name changes were fairly simple. The only thing is that where you were quoted, it would remain as "Originally posted by bettablue..." and I think that the name on threads that you originate stays as your original name. But besides those quirks, it's really a very simple one-minute change.

As an alternative to changing your user name, you can simply include your real name in your signature if that is what you prefer. If you feel giving out your full name is exposing yourself or your business too much, just add your first name in the automatically added signature.

Back