• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Label-It System

Shadow Lord

Veteran Member
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone remembers these guys?

A cool product at the time, problem was the price! If I recall correctly they sold for about $20 a kit! I remember picking up some of the 3.5" labels on clearance at CompUSA for ~$5 after the company went bankrupt....

Those seem like a really great idea at first, until I remember some of my machines have very tight lips close to the slot. I can just see the clear label housings getting sheared off as I insert a disk (or worse, as I remove one!)

I didn't believe their blurb. I've seen some 5¼" disks that are a tight squeeze in most drives, due to the thickness of the mater the jacket was made from. I couldn't imagine compounding the problem by adding a thick label.

I wonder if their adhesive dries out and the holder falls off the floppy... I've always used plain old 33-to-a-sheet address labels. They work in a laser printer and tend to stay on. If you want to remove one, just wipe it with some mineral spirits--it'll come right off, cleanly.

I've obviously never used the 5.25 labels so I can not speak to that. However, I've never had any trouble w/ the 3.5" ones. They are still stuck on my floppies w/ no fall apart and I've never had any issues with them getting stuck in a drive (so far).

Back