• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hello from Giacomo Siffredi!

Giacomo Siffredi

Hey Everyone!

I've just registered to the Vintage Computer forums last night :D I am interested in vintage computers as a side hobby. I own a Commodore C=64 and also a Tandy, which I've made less use of. I don't use them as much in recent years, obviously because of the necessity to use computers running Windows. However, I still have a fondness for the simpler interface many of the earlier computers enjoyed, particularly on-screen, as well as the simplicity yet quick responses of the games produced in the 1980s era.

My interest right now concentrates on applications and programs that were used on earlier computers, such as various games and Word Processors. I look forward to meeting many of you and hope to learn much from many of you here :D

Giacomo

Welcome to the forums :) So it's a CoCo-2 then? What sort of stuff did you use it for in it's hey day? If it has enough RAM it might be able to run GeOS although I haven't fully followed the Tandy folks. I know a lot of them are hacking their Coco-3s with virtual hard drives, and I think a newer version of Plan-9 OS.

Back