• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

1.2mb 5.25" Floppy drive price check.

Tr3vor

Experienced Member
How much should I expect to pay for one of these, I'd like one to go in my 486 machine.

Hopefully its under $20 :p

$20 should get you one with shipping. Locally you should be able to find one $5-10 if not free from a friendly trade, etc.

check weied stuff. they used to have piles of the stuff...
Weird Stuff Warehouse...I can absolutely vouch for that place. I went there on a recent trip to CA, and it's unbelievable of how many vintage items they have there. Literally, almost all the items I've ever needed for a project were right there. I came home with two flat rate boxes filled with ISA and PCI cards! :)

But on the other hand, I have a 1.2mb drive if you don't find one sooner.

Well that and from what I can tell the OP isn't in Cali which is why I was wondering about that suggestion unless they ship. But since I'm the friendly type, here's google Jerome, ID to WeirdStuff in Sunnyvale, CA. So.. 1428 miles round trip.. round up for gas maybe $4.00/gallon .. I dunno about him I get 18mpg max.. 79.3 gallons so we can safely assume if you take a few days from work we're 70% positive you can get a 5.25" floppy for roughly $317.. not including food or hotel costs. I'd set that as the starting point and see if there's anything out there for less. j/k (been a long week at work.. anyone else hate 4 day work weeks?)

Well, barythrin, if you're offering to pick up something from WSWH and drop it off in ID, can you swing by WI if I give you a shopping list :)
patscc

Well that and from what I can tell the OP isn't in Cali which is why I was wondering about that suggestion unless they ship. But since I'm the friendly type, here's google Jerome, ID to WeirdStuff in Sunnyvale, CA. So.. 1428 miles round trip.. round up for gas maybe $4.00/gallon .. I dunno about him I get 18mpg max.. 79.3 gallons so we can safely assume if you take a few days from work we're 70% positive you can get a 5.25" floppy for roughly $317.. not including food or hotel costs. I'd set that as the starting point and see if there's anything out there for less. j/k (been a long week at work.. anyone else hate 4 day work weeks?)

lol. I wish we had a place like that around here.

Back