• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Raw Image Program

Marty

Veteran Member
Hi All;
I am looking for a Raw Image copy program.. I have downloaded an .img file and would like to copy it to my Floppy Disk.. The program is Windows 1.0.img The programs I have found want to copy the Whole Disk.. Not an individual program..
THANK YOU Marty

Hi All;
Pat, I downloaded the file, from the net.. And don't want to copy my whole C: drive to floppies, just to get the one file.. THANK YOU Marty

Hi All;
Pat, I downloaded from the net a copy of Windows 1.0, it is an .img file and I want to copy it to a Floppy.. Then I can try and run it from the diskette.. On one of my old machines.. I have the Diskettes for Windows 3.XX and I copied it to a hard drive just to have windows 3.xx on it.. And would like to do the same with Windows 1.0.. Just to see what it is..
THANK YOU marty

ftp://ftp.oldskool.org/pub/misc/DISKUTIL.ZIP is a collection of utilities a friend and I wrote in the 1990s to image raw, plain diskette formats to and from diskettes. They handle only raw images (160, 180, 320, 360, 720, 1200, 1440 sizes) and don't have any special features -- they just work. I've used them hundreds of times in DOS to read and write diskette images.

Whose image file? .img is just an extension--there are various types. Read it and weep.

If it's an uncompressed, headerless image format, you might try rawrite if you're looking for a DOS program. If it's windows, look for RawWrite. If you're running Linux/Unix, you can probably do it with dd

Hi All;
I copied and Ran the Program from Trixter.. And it Did exactly what I wanted it to.. I now have a copy of Windows 1.01 on Floppy Diskette. I ran it on Dos and it comes up . I will try and see if it can be copied and run on one of my older machines.. With a small Drive, This should be interesting.. Anyway, Thank You to Trixter...
THANK YOU Marty

Hi All;
Stone, What I got must be a partial or cut down version.. I don't know.. I would be interested in getting a copy of them, IF you would be willing to send them to me...
THANK YOU marty

Hi All;
Pat, I don't need it , since what I got from Trixter worked for me.. But, Thank You for the link.. Pat, it is the size of a Floppy Diskette.. approximately 1.44M
THANK YOU marty

Back