• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Amiga 1020 5.25" floppy drive

curtis

Veteran Member
Ya know, working with bridgeboards is a real PIA!

I'm needing the 5.25" floppy drive for my bridgeboard.

Anybody got one they want to part with?

Curtis

Curious - why a 1020? Those are relatively rare and exceedingly expensive, in my experience. Why not just toss a PC drive into an external case and run a cable? (I'm already assuming that you've a CD-ROM in the 5.25" bay on your A2000)

Agreed, you don't need the A1020. If your 5.25" bay is full, the best thing you could do would be to get an external SCSI CD-ROM drive and put an internal floppy drive in the case.

Closest I came to finding one was a dream a few nights ago.. but yet again, woke up disappointed.

I need to hang it off the 2386SX bridgeboard and it's the same pinout as the Amiga floppy connector. From the way things are going, I may end up doing as Maverick1978 suggested. I'm just getting tired of building cables all the time!

BTW, it's not going into an A2000, but a Bodega Bay on my A500!

Hello. I have one I may be willing to part with. I just picked it up with an A1000 setup with several extras from the original owner. Comes complete with the original box, power supply and Amiga Transformer software & manual (it was a bundle). Mint, no yellowing. I just fired it up today and works perfectly. Please let me know via pm if you are interested.

Not exactly. I'm running an A386SX bridgeboard in a Bodega Bay expansion chassis.

If you've never heard of the Bodega Bay, think of an A2000 with just the expansion slots sitting on top of the A500!

So your gonna run transformer on a Souped up A500?

I've got one that I would be willing to sell but I need to test it first. Can I format the disks on the Amiga side or does it have to be done on the Bridgeboard side?

Heather

Back