• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Greetings!

Homunculus

Hello everyone!

I'm a 21 year old computer, and old electronic device collector from Hungary.
I started collecting these things 4 years ago, and i dont plan stopping it anytime soon.
It's the hobby that makes your room magically smaller every day :)

So far my collection:

A Phillips Videowriter
A Zenith Supersport 286 notebook
A HP 9000 K570 PA-Risc server
An IBM RS/6000
A NEC PC8300
An Escom Graymate 386 notebook
A TexTell px2000 vith a built in acoustic modem
3 various analouge mechanical rocket guideance systems
And a Kienzle 6000 minicomputer
And of course countless old measuring devices, and other non computer things, i just love dials and nixie tubes :)

Welcome to the forums!

I started collecting these things 4 years ago, and i dont plan stopping it anytime soon.
That's definetely the spirit! If you stay around for a while here, you may end up with a few more. :) I couldn't agree with you more on how it makes space disappear too quickly.
Nice collection you have. Have you actually used the rocket guidance systems to guide rockets before?

Enjoy your time here.

Have you actually used the rocket guidance systems to guide rockets before?

Well, its the part inside the rocket, basically an autopilot, not the launcher thing. These are spares, and leftover pieces from a 70s air defense system, the only legally obtainable parts. They look cool with the vacuum tubes and gears, but thats all, i dont think they working.

Hello everyone!

I'm a 21 year old computer,

You seem to be a very intelligent system that would pass any Turing test. ;)

We could do with more Latin usernames in this forum (Latin).

You also seem to have some rare items in your collection. Welcome!

Rick

Last edited:
Welcome! Nice collection. I'm not familiar with the minicomputer you have. Is it similar to this one?

"It's the hobby that makes your room magically smaller every day :) " = lol. The important thing is it ends with a smiley. That's what counts.

I think your picture only shows the peripherals, not the actual computer, because i photographed it:

kienzle6000.jpg

I will make a thread about it, because i cant find any information, and it has a really strange storage module.

Awesome. Thanks. Yeah I wasn't finding much via google on that system either and was curious.

Back