• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

A truly odd 286 motherboard on ebay

RJBJR

Experienced Member
Last edited:
I have a 286 system with a WD motherboard that has everything but a modem onboard. It's got a Faraday chipset, Paradise EGA chip, floppy and hard (MFM) controllers, serial, parallel, PS/2 mouseport and takes simms. It's a great system that I've had since 1990.

I was just suprised to see all the integrated components. It has the look of an Olivetti board, it might be a Faraday chipset but then what would the VLSI chip be doing on there, ports?
Not often that there are such great pics included on an ebay auction, I wish they all were as good as this one. Price is right @22 bucks if it works.

Back