• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

PET 3008 Boots in to Monitor

What do you think?
Sean
I think you should tell us what is printed on the ROMs as Bill asked you to do, and try to check the ROMs as Dave has asked you to do several times (not just C000-C010, also D, E and F); unless you're a very fast reader dumping from 0000H to FFFFH isn't going to tell us much...

The other would be to try the PETvet board that I have seen.

What do you think?

Sean

IF you use PETVET, Be careful about the pins from the PETVET that connect to the board. If they're flat, you risk "unflexing" the socket holes. I ruined my USA 2001-16N (pretty much same as the Euro's 3000-16) by inserting the PETVET into the the 6502 socket that was not really ready for it. Perhaps it came with a machine socket add-on and I did not use it, can't remember.

I think you should tell us what is printed on the ROMs as Bill asked you to do, and try to check the ROMs as Dave has asked you to do several times (not just C000-C010, also D, E and F); unless you're a very fast reader dumping from 0000H to FFFFH isn't going to tell us much...

Mike,
I agree with you. I would be very reluctant to send a full set of EPROMs until the OP has at least tried to check his ROMs to isolate the problem to one chip.

Back