• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: Paper-tape punch/reader (RS-232)

Jon, I don't mind shipping, it is you paying the cost! I have sent the reader and punch subassemblies to commodorejohn, cost was 35GBP. The whole unit would cost about 85GBP to the USA.

Whilst they were used by the military they are a near standard commercial item, don't look military, green!

When they work they will copy straight from reader to punch, that was how I tested the pile I bought. Any that couldn't went on the non-working pile, these, and that was the only test I did.

The punch is a self contained unit. Has a drive motor with 9 solenoids, if a hole needs punching then the solenoid is operated which allows a bar to catch on the motor driven shaft, and this bar actually punches the hole. This means that the timing is relatively relaxed, and the solenoids don't do the work of punching the hole. They are good quality units, whilst not tested I can't imagine the punch is worn out.

I have two left, so be quick, when they are gone.........

Also note that the reader tape guide is missing, see above posts for details.

Bob

I suspect that if you post this on the classic computer list (classiccmp.org), they'll get snapped up pretty quickly. If you'd like, I can post the info for you.

That looks like the last two gone, fill the shed up with something else now. Bob

Back