• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Anyone got a working 486 Packard Bell?

With Packard Bell systems the model numbers and names are just about useless. Open it up and see what CPU it has for the best guess.

Very generic... if you're not after a specific model, just any Packard Bell, then that makes it a bit easier as you're not being picky - pretty much anything that didn't come with a CD, but has the rounded front case (not squared) would most likely have a DX chip in there (PB introduced the more rounded cases with the DX2-66 class computers). Though the older ones, like my Legend 610, had an overdrive socket and could be made into a DX/DX2.

If you are after a specific model or look, please post - I do have a few PBs, only one of which I wouldn't get rid of (my first system)

this guy already got what he wanted, he no longer needs one (I pm'd him to offer one, and he contacted me and said this to me)

OK, I found out that it had a 486 processor in it, now to find out if I can recover the software that was on it, I also learned that they welded the clock battery on the motherboard so I got a battery compartment replacement for it.

Back