• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Computer Recycler selling broken PETs

Bungo Pony

Staff member
Caught an ad last night from one of the computer recyclers selling two PETs - a model 4016 and a 2001. The 4016 has a bit of crap that shows up on the display but otherwise works. The 2001 works, but the keyboard has a bunch of keys missing. I went and looked at them and pushed for an approximate price for them. I was quoted $125 for both. I'm not really happy with that price since I'd have to put money and time into each of them to get them working, and the chances of finding another 2001 keyboard are pretty slim.

So, before I go and try to talk them down, pleading about how scarce parts are to repair these two items, does anybody here have a 2001 keyboard they're willing to part with?

I'm trying to figure out if I should just buy one of them. The 2001 is a nice piece, but the keyboard is total crap. It doesn't even work well with the key caps missing. The 4016 may be the better one to go for since I could likely fix the video problem.

Is it the chiclet keyboard 2001 or the regular keyboard version? I would think the chiclet version would be more difficult to find keys since they have one of the higher values usually.

I would almost dare say go for it and see if you can hook up with someone that has a 3D printer. The keys are very easy to model and print.

Back