• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

40 years of PDP-11 hoarding has to end...

Hi, as has been said already the national computer museum (http://www.tnmoc.org/) would be a good home. Jim Austin I'm sure could give these a good home as well (http://www.computermuseum.org.uk/)

If nobody else comes forward then I'll (very) gladly give a home to the 11/20 or 11/70. I'm in the UK (Dorset) and have a rolling collection where items inevitably end up at either of the above anyway!

Regards
James

It's exciting to see how this has generated several pages of unique responses. However, it's not looking like the OP is going to post back, so I hope the respondents take the time to pursue a more direct contact. I notice that there is a web site with more info. http://www.silverware.co.uk/

Hi folks.

While I am delighted to discover so many people feel the same way I do, my problem is I have hoarded so much... two barns worth. Here are a couple of snaps...
PDP-11 004small.jpg
PDP-11 056small.jpg

So here is a view of one barn plus a close up of my favourite... a RP11-C controller. With flashing lights. And with its back plane wiring at the front. Wonderful...

I love a good joke...

I love a good joke...

Hi folks.
While I am delighted to discover so many people feel the same way I do, my problem is I have hoarded so much... two barns worth. Here are a couple of snaps...
View attachment 11331
View attachment 11332

You are kidding me right?
My attic (uVAX, PowerMac, IBM x60s, bookshelf)
001.jpg

Still attic (Ultra60 with 21" CRT, 27" Acer to my main PC and usquaebach :D)
002.jpg

Still attic (11/10, the main PC, 32" TV, DEC Corporate Cabinet)
003.jpg

What's left of the actual attic (Married, 3 YO kid and a lot of VAX documentation, VT420, VT520)
004.jpg

Other shot of the corporate cabinet with a MicroPDP stuck somewhere there as well
005.jpg

Living room (RK05 and RL02 Cartridges, 2xASR-33 and Complete RSX-11M Manual Set)
006.jpg

Living room (H960, RX02, CDC M890 and 2x RK05s)
007.jpg

What I see in your pics, is LOADS and LOADS of room :lol:

Man, hope you have some strong floors in there! Know you have a strong back after having all that stuff in. That one stack of the two RK-05 and RX drive is around 300 Lbs. alone!

Hello. I'm Silver... the man with 40 years of PDP-11s.

Please could you help me... When you say "It's not looking like the OP is going to post back..." is the OP me?

I am a virgin when it comes to this site and although I thought I had replied to everyone, perhaps I am not doing it properly! I am using the "quick reply" option.

At this stage I don't know what to do... I keep finding nuggets but there really is almost to much of it...

My thanks in anticipation of your help in this delicate matter.

Bye/P

Hello. I'm Silver... the man with 40 years of PDP-11s.

Please could you help me... When you say "It's not looking like the OP is going to post back..." is the OP me?

You're doing fine, Silver ;)
You're responding to all the Private Messages which, I guess, would be the preferred way of communication during these kinds of things instead of pages and pages of endless replies on a forum thread.

OP means Original Poster so that does mean you, yes ;) And, for a moment there, it did seem you weren't posting anything to your original post anymore.
It might be a good idea though, to maybe post some updates on the status of the 40 year hoard barn sale ;)

Thanks for your comments. I have already assigned a whole bunch of 'stuff' for TNMOC including a complete set of every edition of DECUser and RSTS Professional magazines. And a wonderful acoustic coupler housed in a wooden box.

However I would prefer the 'big stuff', in particular the 11/70, to go to someone with the space, skill, enthusiasm and cash to get the systems working again.

Bye/Silver

Hi Silver

I think you are doing fine for a newbie. I would suggest that you use the "reply with quote" button, it will be much easier to see what and who you are replying to.

I must ask, is the acoustic coupler a "Livermore Data Systems Model B Acoustic Coupler", such as this: http://www.computerhistory.org/collections/accession/102630200 ?

If the TNMOC would refute your donation for whatever reason, I would be interested in that.

Good luck

Micro PDPD11

Micro PDPD11

My Micro PDP-11 is in a BA23 cab. It started life as the bottom of the range 11/53 and 10Mb disk and I upgraded it to 11/73 plus 31Mb disk. And it also has a DRV11-WA parallel board for The Link.

I registered here as an idle search for this machine came up with one available... and in a BA23.... as compact as you can get!

Literally been looking for YEARS for such a machine. I don't know where to start...!

Still available?

I can send a courier for it - I am in bonny old Scotland.. land of the cold and the wind...:)

sending you a pm...

MicroPDP-11 that is... never knew their was an 11/53.. only the 11/23 in a BA23!

I wonder if there is any possibility that any of this equipment is still available, if it is there is a good home waiting for it in the Computer and Communications Museum of Ireland. Assuming we do not have said items already.
I am also going to post a thread myself introducing myself and asking if anyone might have items to donate or loan to the Museum.
willie

Back