• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

8 bit IDE card?

josephdaniel

Experienced Member
Are the xt/IDE cards still available? If so did they ever make one with a cf card reader?I know there was a peacon xt-cf but I dont think it went anywhere.
sorry about any grammar I'm on a phone

My board I renamed 'lo-tech XT-CF' - see here. I've literally just today received parts for the v3 board, but not had chance to assemble and test one yet. The lite version was pretty successful on the first run, but I've not had enough orders to do a second run. Which is a shame as it works really well and is relatively easy to make.

Well, shoot! I'd be happy to order one as well (assembled if possible since I can't solder). But either way I'd love to contribute to a second run.

Cheers,
Chris Hafner

I would buy one. I was looking for an XTIDE but i was going to buy and adapter to let me stick the CF Card out of the case. The Lo tech version would work even better and save me a little bit of cash.

Count me in as well. I can solder, but do not have a tiny tipped iron. I really need a card like this, my 5150 has a dying MFM hard card.

Count me in as well. I can solder, but do not have a tiny tipped iron. I really need a card like this, my 5150 has a dying MFM hard card.

I bought a never used MFM hard card, even never used its parts were degrading, it lasted maybe a month and totally died, so an IDE Card is the best option for
old computers.

Yep I'd be interested in a couple, quite happy to assemble my own if that helps and have the programmer to program the Xilinx CPLD and ROMs if that helps :)

Cheers.

Phill.

James,

I am wondering if it is possible to order XT-CF-Lite boards with gold plated ISA connector. The tin plated connector works OK for testing purposes, but eventually it will oxidize making the thing not reliable...

Thanks

OK so there seems to be enough interest for a second round. ENIG with Gold Fingers is fine, but adds a little to the cost.

XT-CF-Lite bare PCB with bracket will be about £15 each, delivered to US/EU. The purchaser will need to order the parts from e.g. Fanrell/Mouser and self-assemble.

Are we happy with the design? The LED and driver section can be left unpopulated if required. The EEPROM can be programmed in-system with my flash utility (AMIC A29010 and SST 39SF010 flash chips are supported).

Sergey, James who of you will make second round ? I would like make two gold plated boards. Honestly I would prefer Sergey's design as he plans to avoid those very very tiny smd parts. PTH is not a must, 0805 smd parts would be fine.

Still want one...

Still want one...

I would still want one. I have no interest in building my own XT-IDE board and will do so only after exhausting all other available options.

May try to format this old MFM drive (again.)

I would be in for an assembled card as well. It sounds like there are a few of us - would anybody have the time/energy/pity/desire to help those of us who love the card and would be willing to pay a little extra for somebody's time?

Cheers,
Chris Hafner

I've looked into assembly and have arrangements in place; however it's not cheap. Cost to me is £15 (GBP) per board based on a quantity of ten. And as well this is hobbiest based (YMMV).

Back