• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Wanted: Personal Ancestral File 2.0 for Apple ][, //e, //c etc.

Erik

Site Administrator
Staff member
I am looking for copies of Personal Ancestral File version 2.0 for Apple 2 machines. This is a four disk set from 1986. I need physical disks or .dsk files if you have access to the media.

Thank you!

I'm still looking for this software. There is a copy on ePay for $60 and I just can't pay that.

I can, however, reimburse for media, time, etc. if someone has a copy of this.

Please. :)

Hmm - I have a relative who has original disks for PAF 2.something, but I don't know if it was an Apple II version or a 68k mac version - they've had both kinds of computers. I'll try to get a hold of them to find out.

I have a couple of early versions on the Mac. Do you just want to interpret/generate a GEDCOM file, or do you really want to run the software?

I have a couple of early versions on the Mac. Do you just want to interpret/generate a GEDCOM file, or do you really want to run the software?

I just want to get the data out of the system as effectively as possible so that the owners can use it in a more modern environment.

Other products, including later versions of PAF, that are supposed to be able to pull in this data have not worked.

If you're willing to try to open these files on a 2.x Mac version I'm game to give it a shot.

OK, it turns out they had a couple different versions of 2.x for mac but haven't kept any Apple II disks.

I'll keep my eyes out for it in the thrift stores around here in the meantime.

I hadn't seen that.

Downloaded.

I'll check it tonight or this weekend as time permits.

Thanks!

Back