• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

SuperDuty455 from France !

SuperDuty455

Hi guys,

My name is François, I'm 25, and I've been collecting computer junk for two years now. I focus my collection on GPUs and CPUs. I have close to 300 graphics cards from 1989 to 2011, and 250 CPUs from 1984 to 2010, but I also have quite a bit of sound cards, and other computer parts for all kinds of purposes. I also have a few vintage computers : IBM PS/2 Model 80, IBM PS/2 55SX, Thomson TO7-70, Macintosh LCIII, Atari 520STf, etc...
I get most of those stuff from the recycling centers, and also from eBay (got 11 video cards for 1€ last week). I like all my cards to work properly, and the non working ones are being repaired : a 9300GE, a 9500GT and a HD4850 were brought back to life last week, not really vintage though.

As some may have guessed from the nickname, I love Firebirds. I have a 1984 Trans Am HO 5 speed and a 1974 Firebird Formula 400. Both are restoration projects, but the '84 is pretty close to the end, and the Formula has just been started.

Hello and welcome to the VCF! Do you seek certain video cards or do you get them based on availability.
Ebay seems to be treating you better from what you described. ;)

I like them all, from the 8 bit ISA models to the latest PCI-E 3.0, they all have an interesting story behind them. I'd say half of my collection comes from eBay or our craigslist (leboncoin), and I dont think I spent more than a hundred euros for it. I can't say I have any "rare" models, some uncommon ones at best like the Voodoo 5 5500, or some obscure CHIPS HiQ cards.
Yesterday I found a 32Mb GeForce 256 3D Prophet at the recycling center, I don't find those very often.

Back