• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Model 600 BASIC

kb2syd

Veteran Member
Is there are ROM image of this anywhere? How about the carrier pinout so a "standard" ROM may be mapped?

Is there are ROM image of this anywhere? How about the carrier pinout so a "standard" ROM may be mapped?

There doesn't appear to be much info out there on the Tandy 600. I did find a link to the Tandy 600 FAQ on DigitalDinos.com:

http://www.digitaldinos.com/DigitalDinos/Pages/Information/docT600FAQ30.html

You can scan that for information. Near the bottom of the FAQ, there is mention of Roger "Merch" Merchberger, who maintains the Tandy 600 Software Archive (the link just kind of froze there for me), but you might be able to glean some info from Merch's site, or email Merch for more info.

I have a copy of Merch's Tandy 600 library. Pretty comprehensive. It includes a loadable module called basic.600 which is supposed to be an image of basic. Don't know what I need to do to get it into a ROM though.

I have a copy of Merch's Tandy 600 library. Pretty comprehensive. It includes a loadable module called basic.600 which is supposed to be an image of basic. Don't know what I need to do to get it into a ROM though.

I know that this is an old thread, but usually a file that ends with a .600 is an executable file, specifically for the Tandy 600. See if you can run it as is, or if you change the extension to .COM.

I would also be interested in Merch's Tandy 600 library. After much time in Yahoo and Google searches, I have not been able to find much for the Tandy 600.

Thanks,

There doesn't appear to be much info out there on the Tandy 600. I did find a link to the Tandy 600 FAQ on DigitalDinos.com:

http://www.digitaldinos.com/DigitalDinos/Pages/Information/docT600FAQ30.html

You can scan that for information. Near the bottom of the FAQ, there is mention of Roger "Merch" Merchberger, who maintains the Tandy 600 Software Archive (the link just kind of froze there for me), but you might be able to glean some info from Merch's site, or email Merch for more info.

Can you post or email me the basic.600 file?

Back