• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Mostek MK4096 RAM Chips and 16 Pin TI IC Sockets

Clint

Experienced Member
I am after some Mostek branded MK4096 DRAM Chips

.... and also some old style closed face with mica on the bottom; 16 Pin Texas Instruments TI IC Sockets.

Dont mind used as long as they work :)

Kind Regards
Clint

Why Mostek? Without dragging out the data books. Those TI sockets have gained a reputation for being rubbish, don't think they like round pins.

I think you have to understand collectors. Authentic parts mean a lot to some, regardless of their quality.

That's what I'm guessing, anyway.

If you are still after the low profile Texas IC sockets then just noticed that Quarndon.co.uk have thousands. Look for the C84 series which look the type, but they do have others.

If you are still after the low profile Texas IC sockets then just noticed that Quarndon.co.uk have thousands. Look for the C84 series which look the type, but they do have others.

Thanks for keeping you eye open, however the ones on their site are modern, they are open faced and no mica :(

You got me all excited there !!!!

From the 1983 TI data book, the C84 have a mylar anti-wicking film, not certain what closed face means, no gap between the rows of pins? If so then the C87, C88 or C89 might do, just different contact material. The C93 and C98 are the same but gold contacts.

These are what I am after:

2013090110369005955sockets3.JPG

Yup, C84 series sockets. Height 0.15", 16 pin body 0.400" by 0.800".

Quarndon have thousands, at £0.16 each not going to be too bad to buy and see. Certainly the photo doesn't match the line drawing in the data book.

Back