• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hello from Italy!

pauls640

Hello everyone!

I'm Paul from Italy. I am a big fan of old pc, I grew up with them, starting from 1990, when I was a child. My first pc (which I still own and use sometimes) was a Nec V20 with 640Kb Ram. I used it until 1996, when I got an amd K5.

Later in 2000, I started roaming around metal scrapeyards with my uncle, collecting old hardware. From there comes most of my little collection of vintage computers.

They have slept in my shelves long time, and sometimes I would put them together and start'em up. Now I'm in the process to build stable systems from these pieces of hardware.

I came across your forum multiple times in the past months, I thought it was nice to share my love for vintage pc's with you guys.

;)

Paul

Welcome to the forums! :) The scrapyards are apparently a good place to find some cool stuff if you know the people and have the right amount of $ to offer. What sort of software did you run on the NEC? What model of NEC is it?

Welcome to the forums! :) The scrapyards are apparently a good place to find some cool stuff if you know the people and have the right amount of $ to offer. What sort of software did you run on the NEC? What model of NEC is it?

Hello!

This box runs a NEC V20 10Mhz, I have two floppies, one 3.5 720kb and a 5.25 360kb, plus a Nec 20MB hdd. I also have a Paradise VGA card, it handles many graphics modes, including Hercules and CGA. Later we installed a printer, a Mannesman Tally (mt82, I think), a very noisy thing....

it's a good machine, I played with it just one month ago, and it works like a charm :) Of course, many of it's original floppy disks lost data due to age :(, but the hard drive is still operational.

I did all that was doable on that pc, boy... It now runs MS-DOS 6.00, and has a couple of games installed (e.g. Grand Prix, Test Drive, Leisure Suit Larry, The Chessmaster 2100 :D)

My dad used extensively Harvard Graphics, Lotus 123 for work.

I absolutely love this thing, my passion for pc was born there. It's like having an old pet.

Hello!

This box runs a NEC V20 10Mhz, I have two floppies, one 3.5 720kb and a 5.25 360kb, plus a Nec 20MB hdd. I also have a Paradise VGA card, it handles many graphics modes, including Hercules and CGA. Later we installed a printer, a Mannesman Tally (mt82, I think), a very noisy thing....

Welcome!

I'm curious, could you please tell the model of the hard drive?

Back