• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

M8203 (DMP-11) and M8207-RA (DMR-11)

Hi All;
Tradde, those 25 pin connectors that You see are actually 26 pin and the 60 pin which means You have a Disk Only Board.. How many rows of fingers do you see, four sets which make it for a QBus machine or 6 sets which make it a UniBus ?? If it is a UniBus then, in the upper right hand Corner it should say Spectra Logic Corp Spectra 21 or something like that.. Since, I don't think I have a 15/25 Board which is for the QBus, I can't say where to look for that model number..
THANK YOU Marty
You are right they are 26 pin. I saw the pin 25 on the silk screen and just put that down. On the back is a manufacture
date of 1984, and a part number of 59000026. At the top is a SAE B UL9MV text. Nothing else is obvious as to what this board is for. It is a Unibus
board. I have never found any documentation for this board, but would love to find some.

Hi All;
Tradde, can You post a picture of the Board ??

12032013907.jpg 12032013909.jpg

Here are some pictures of the Spectra 21 Board..

THANK YOU Marty

Last edited:
Hi All;
Tradde, can You post a picture of the Board ??

View attachment 16231 View attachment 16232

Here are some pictures of the Spectra 21 Board..

THANK YOU Marty
Thanks for the pics. My board looks somewhat similar but
has 4 26 pin connectors on the right. I think I finally learned what it is. I never thought
to check bitsavers for a manual. I believe it is a Spectra 111/122 or 111 Plus or 121 Plus.
Haven't had time to digest the manual yet. I believe mine is disk only, but there is a spot
for other connectors that allow for tape. I think it's an SMD controller, but could support
1/2 in tape drives if it had the extra circuitry and connectors. If you still wish pictures I will
take a few tomorrow and post.

Hi All;
Tradde, Yes, Please send any pictures.. Yea, 121 sounds likely.. It could be a 111, since it is disk only.. And Yes, its SMD.. Its been tooo many Years, since I worked there, and I mostly worked on the TI 990 Boards and Not on the DEC Boards.. You most likely will NOT be able to add the Tape part, not because of the Ic parts needed, But, because of the Proms on the Board, They are different for Tape Only, Disk Only or Disk and Tape together.. Since You Only have Disk, the Tape section of the proms would not be there.. I have a contact or two I can check with, but I doubt the information is still kept there..
THANK YOU Marty

Last edited:
Hi All;
Tradde, Thanks for the pictures.. Your Board is alot different than my Spectra 21.. But, Yours does alot more.. From the Stickers on the Firmware Proms it clearly stated it is a 111..
THANK YOU Marty

Hi All;
Tradde, Thanks for the pictures.. Your Board is alot different than my Spectra 21.. But, Yours does alot more.. From the Stickers on the Firmware Proms it clearly stated it is a 111..
THANK YOU Marty
I see the 111 in the prom stickers. Before those numbers meant nothing. At least I know now what model it is. Thanks again. Would be great if
I could actually get a disk to work with this board. I have two SMD Eagle drives, and 2 SDI Eagle drives. But they are in my garage and are very heavy. So hard for
me to get up to my computer room.

Hi All;
Tradde, it would be Great If You could get a friend to help You get one of the SMD Eagle drives upstairs and then to plug into the Board And see it work.. Once I get my 11/40 working, I hope to get my Tape and Disk working on it with my Spectra 21..
THANK YOU Marty

Hi All;
Tradde, it would be Great If You could get a friend to help You get one of the SMD Eagle drives upstairs and then to plug into the Board And see it work.. Once I get my 11/40 working, I hope to get my Tape and Disk working on it with my Spectra 21..
THANK YOU Marty
It's much easier using a small SCSI disk attached to the Emulex. But that Wow factor is missing there. Plugging a huge (weight and size)
Eagle drive and hearing it spin up is just cool. I should have brought them in when I moved but I had thought to give them to a friend from Pa. He's never
come down to get them. I really should move them indoors. Each one weighs about 140 lbs.

Hi All;
Its been tooo many Years, since I worked there, and I mostly worked on the TI 990 Boards and Not on the DEC Boards.

do you have any technical documentation on any Spectralogic boards?

also, I'm working on scanning another 11/40 print set out of the archives, and I found an earlier KD11-A CPU manual that I've uploaded.

Hi All;
AL, Bruce Ray has already scanned either everything or almost everything I have concerning Spectra.. There are some Printouts that have NOT been scanned..
Also, I have my Step Documents that have Not been scanned IF You are interested in scanning them..
THANK YOU Marty

Last edited:
Back