• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: ISA IDE hard drive controller card

oblivion

Veteran Member
looking to buy a 16 bit ISA hard drive controller card with its own BIOS. the PC i'm working on has a pretty limited BIOS and seems to be incompatible with a lot of later IDE drives I've tried so I need a card with its own BIOS.

SCSI isn't an option ATM so I need an IDE controller.

If you have a regular 16 bit ISA hard drive controller, then you could just add a simple ISA option ROM board. Then you can use a Universal XT-IDE ROM BIOS. You could even do this using a 16 bit NIC card.

I have a Silicon Valley ADP-60 board that you can have for the cost of shipping.

Before you give up on your prior idea though, and sacrifice a slot, you might try a 340MB MicroDrive in lieu of an actual CompactFlash card. I have a system in a similar situation as yours that refuses to work with 256MB and 512MB CompactFlash cards, but works fine with the MicroDrive.

after looking through my stuff I actually own no ISA HDD controllers but thanks for the idea Lucas

Cloaudschatze, I'll take you up on that offer, sending PM. I'm not to worried about using up a slot, Its going to be limited to a few specific games and uses anyways. how does speed with those micro drives compare to a standard HDD anyways? I assume its about on par with a standard modern IDE drive?

are you sure it works with hard drives? I have a similar card with 2 rca connectiors and it only works with CD drives

Hi

The XT-IDE V2 will do that with 16 bit IDE and built in BIOS.

http://marketplace.vintage-computer...embled-and-verified-working&auction_id=115004

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

I'd love a xt-ide but if i had the extra cash to shell out for one it would be going in a old Tandy, XT or 8088 PC

Hi, are either of these what your after? One is an "Standard Microsystems SMC 4003-PC 8-Bit Disk Controller Board" the other is an " Lonshine Microsystems LCS-6210C 8-Bit Disk Controller Board"
Cheers
Sy

What machine is this for? Do you know if it implements full PC/AT 16-bit ISA (i.e., with ISA B8 line being ZWS)?

Thanks, my question was for the OP though (since they had asked for a 16-bit adapter).

looking to buy a 16 bit ISA hard drive controller card with its own BIOS. the PC i'm working on has a pretty limited BIOS and seems to be incompatible with a lot of later IDE drives I've tried so I need a card with its own BIOS.

SCSI isn't an option ATM so I need an IDE controller.

Oblivion: If your are still looking for a 16-bit IDE controller you might be interested in this one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004Z6H9...e=asn&creative=395133&creativeASIN=B00004Z6H9

I have this controller in one of 486 boxes and it works pretty good.

Back