• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

What kind of apple is this?

VintageC

Experienced Member
Hello forum members.
Can anybody tell me what kind of apple this is?
If it is an apple after all ;)
eun9yd.png

Ok thanks for the info ive search internet for hours could not find anything like it.
Its not worth to repair so better thro it away right?

Ok thanks for the info ive search internet for hours could not find anything like it.
Its not worth to repair so better thro it away right?
:? Hu? At least try and sell it for parts. If that is a II+ clone then it likely uses many of the same chips. I would also check if the case and power supply could accommodate an actual Apple motherboard. And some people like clones.

:? Hu? At least try and sell it for parts. If that is a II+ clone then it likely uses many of the same chips. I would also check if the case and power supply could accommodate an actual Apple motherboard. And some people like clones.

Can you show a photo of its mainboard? It could be a //e clone. I have //e euro clones in such casing and I like them more than the original euro //e.

Its only a board with no power suply or hdd or anything.
2r2myx4.png

Can you tell me something more about the board?

That's an Apple II+ clone board alright. Plenty of good parts on it. That looks like it is wired for the early Apple II power supplies (the kinds with the long thin plug rather than the square ones) but that board has a place where you can solder on a receptacle for the later II+/IIe power supplies (and parts places still sell those).

The ROMs look like EPROMS, and probably contain the usual copy of AppleSoft basic. The board has 48k of RAM on and the 16K RAM expansion card.

If the board fails to function, most likely it is just corrosion in the sockets. Removing the chips, cleaning, and reseating may help. Those are standard parts shared with genuine Apple II/II+ boards. This board is in the same form factor as a genuine Apple II/II+ motherboard, so the case should also fit a genuine Apple II/II+ board. I would suspect it would also fit an Apple II/II+/IIe power supply, but that would have to be verified.

The bottom line is that, many people would be interested in that board and case, at least for parts.

Thanks for the info SomeGuy.

Im very new to vintage computers and im just going to collect them and repair if needed.
As a collector im not sure if i really need/want a clone but im still orientating what i like the most and what i really need in my collection.
Offcoarse i need a Apple 1 but thats not possible i guess :p.

Anyway i think i can use the info u gave me and maybe keep the board for parts or sell it to anyone interested.

All chips are socketed and repairing seems to be easy even without much thinking ;) A power connector is missing though therefore some type of connector should be soldered. This gives an option to use a cheap PC/DVD power supply with its corresponding connector.

Also, although that keyboard wouldn't fit a normal II+ case, keep in mind that Apple II+ keyboards are highly sought after, so even this one might be of some use to someone.

I do have a few of this type of case already, and I can confirm that a standard II+ logic board won't fit; the mounting holes are several millimetre off, so they looked like they'll... until you try to mount one. The keyboard (obviously) won't fit a II+ case, but is 100% compatible with the logic board. Some of these keyboards have preprogrammed macros; look for applesoft keywords etched onto the keycaps.

Back