• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Howdy from PA

zylon

Howdy all. I found this place doing a Tandy search and thought I'd join. I use and collect Atari XL/XE, C64, Vic-20, and Tandy 1000. Looks like I found the right place. ;)

Hey, there.
My cousins had a Tandy 1000 about the same time my family got an XT..
i was really impressed with it and it's a system i desire, but my wife could eventually say "QUIT BRINGIN' OLD THINGS HOME!" lol
....that's me lol'ing.. not her.

Hey, there.
My cousins had a Tandy 1000 about the same time my family got an XT..
i was really impressed with it and it's a system i desire, but my wife could eventually say "QUIT BRINGIN' OLD THINGS HOME!" lol
....that's me lol'ing.. not her.

I enjoy my Tandy as well. :) I mostly use it to play military strategy games of the day, but run a few arcade games on it. I currently have an EX and a TX.

Welcome to the forums :) Did you end up going the VCF East over the weekend? And yup, definitely the right place to hang out. Not really of the right vintage era for your hardware but I swear I have such a hard time not buying the original Civilization every time I see it somewhere. What are your favorite games on the platforms for the military strategies? My friend used to play Warlords all the time (his favorite). I had my ass handed to me quite constantly but to my surprise eventually got better and found it enjoyable (I really thought it was always going to pwn me). Another friend I had (also newer/486 era) loved Panzer General.

I remember playing a few Tank games.. trying to remember the names (x86 based).

On the Atari and Commodore computers, I mostly do arcade like games, but do have a few strategy games like: Battle of Antwerp, Panzer Battles, Silent Service, Empire.
For the Tandy's, I have mostly strategy/sim games: Ancient Art of War at Sea, Centurion-Defender of Rome, Star legions, Patton Strikes back, and Wolfpack. Star Control is on my wanted list as I used to have it on Sega Genesis back then.

Didn't go to VCF as I was Civil War reenacting over the weekend and we didn't have such things in 1864. ;)

Last edited:
Ah, well that's cool too. I know a few of my relatives used to participate in the whiskey rebellion reenactment. I was young so I can't say I necessarily learned much about the "rebellion" part of the history, but they certainly seemed to enjoy whiskey. ;-)

Back