• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

NEC APC - need either a CPU board or artwork/schematics for the same

Have you contacted Dave Dunfield?--his site shows that he has the Maintenance Guide for the N5200/APC. NEC was not one to be open about internals, but you never know. You may also want to check some of the Japanese forums to see if they have any information on the 5200.

Is there a model number associated with that system? I think I know which one it is but not 100% sure since there are technically a few models from searching around.

Thanks Chuck, I unfortunately glossed over your post and missed that. Isn't this the system that had really good resolutions at the time and used by NASA? I'm trying to remember although the Eagle comes to my mind for some reason. tipc, I'm going to send you an email address of someone who may have one in their shop. I don't recall 100% though it's been a while since I've gone and had some anti-blessings from the wife upon return ;-)

I'm not the one making the request--tipc is. Yes, the APC had two NEC 7220 graphics processors in it--very high resolution for the time. If you're thinking of the Eagle 1600, I don't seem to remember that its graphics capabilities were anything to write home about. The Olivetti/AT&T 6300 did have a very decent graphics capability, which could be upgraded.

I seem to recall throwing out 2 boards, but I may have only tossed 1 (cpu card). I have 4 cards iirc, including the uber rare Butler Flats 5 1/4" floppy controller.

I know a guy who has ever doc that was ever produced for the APC. He promised to look at his cache of docs (ginormous let me tell you), but I haven't heard back.

they're around. The likelihood of me making a new cpu card is understandably slim. but who know ...

Back