• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Help me identify these PCBs!

mars77

Hello everyone, I have some vintage computing parts but I have no idea what they are from or if they are worth saving from scrapping. I am hoping if I post some photos then I can identify them....

First up I have a stack of these...

eRwN9fi.jpg

They say various things on them such as....

A2/2004/658
ISS B
QUADRATURE FORM
FRAZER-NASH

They have blue 49-way edge connectors at the bottom. They all appear to be different.

Anyone any ideas what they are from or could be from?

I am pretty sure the board in the picture is not a digital computer board as such. "quadrature" usually refers to analogue signals 90 degrees out of phase. Can you post a picture of the IC that's clear enough to read the legend please? Also A2/2004/658 hints at perhaps a 2004 date so not that old...

Maybe SSB QUADRATURE as in single sideband quadrature. Maybe part of a radio or other communication system. Doesn't look like it was made in 2004. More like 1984.

Maybe SSB QUADRATURE as in single sideband quadrature. Maybe part of a radio or other communication system. Doesn't look like it was made in 2004. More like 1984.

My thoughts exactly. The dates on the chips should help.

Could be, but "quadrature" can relate to positioning or AC phase detection applications as well. The numbers on the ICs might help, but I suspect that they're either op-amps or comparators, given the power supply rails (one is + one is -) along the edge.

The ICs on the board are...

936 AC TL081CP

I've pulled another one out of the pile.....

ZAsvMiU.jpg

This one says TIME-BASE GENERATOR BOARD PCC8014

Does that capacitor have a broken lead, or is it an illusion?

Anyway, it sounds like an oscilloscope, spectrum analyser, or service monitor or something.

Sorry, my phone camera doesn't really do focused image :)

The date codes on the ICs are 72 and 74

My question I guess is are these any use to anyone or am I best of just scrapping them? I have about 35 of them in total.

Back