• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB - IBM 5151, or compatible EGA monitor

bettablue

Veteran Member
I just got done working on the 5150 I got a short time ago. Now though, I have no way of testing the computer for proper operation. The computer currently has an EGA video controller installed. However, I also have a Monochrome controller set aside.

Here is my question:

Does anyone have a monitor as described above I can purchase and have shipped for around that price, including shipping? If you do is it possible to keep the cost down to around $100 total? I know it's a tall order, but if someone out there in vintage computerville can help, I would be seriously and ever grateful.

Thanks again.

The EGA card should support mono, CGA, and composite monitors, as well as EGA monitors, depending on how the switches are set. EGA monitors are hard to come by, most people bought an EGA card and used it with the CGA monitor they already had.

Multisyncs do EGA (as well as CGA & VGA) really well. When my 286's Magnavox EGA died over 20 years ago I had an opportunity to get a bunch of multisyncs. And I've still got a couple left. I keep one on my workbench exclusively so I don't need to have three or four monitors there to clutter it up. That saves lots of space.

I have an MDA monitor with an EGA card, but I would go for an EGA monitor if I could find one.
BTW, it is easier to find Viewsonic EGA monitors than genuine IBM's.

Hyundai

Hyundai

I have a Hyundai EGA monitor with EGA user adapter board manual, you can have the monitor, I live in Muskogee, Oklahoma if there's anyway you can have someone pick it up. Sorry I spelled it wrong the first time. You can have the manual too!

Last edited:
Back