• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for Tandy 1000 Ram Expansions

dassark

Experienced Member
I just got an Original Tandy 1000 and I'm looking to expand the ram from 128k to ether the full 640k or at least get it to 512k. Dose anyone have any compatible expansions for sale for it or can point me to some?

Hey Joekster, little thread-robbing...

Still got the Osborne 1's I gave ya? Any chance I could steal one of them back to get my O1 going again? Crappy-cased one is fine, as my case is 8 or 9/10.

Thanks for showing me the ram boards, I actually just bought a parts 1000hd with the ram board plus. I'll keep these in mind though if I ever need them for anything else.

Thanks for offer, I happen across a Parts 1000 HD on ebay and scooped it up. Has everything I'll need. Thanks again.

That original Tandy 1000 was such a pain to upgrade initially, and as you have seen, to upgrade it 25 years later. After upgrading to the full 640k (which requires 2 slots), you get a whopping one single slot to install something with! Woooo!

You are also screwed as far as cards that contain a bios (i.e. XT-IDE) as these beasts don't even bother to look for it.

I'll take a TX, or SX over the original any day.

Yeah, I realized that a little too late. Any games I try to run will be run old school.... Once I get a copy of dos and actually figure out how to use the computer.

Back