• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Weird Stain-like area on my 95lx screen

Starshadow

Experienced Member
I pulled out my 95lx today and found that it developed this weird dark stain-like area on its screen. As you can see it still shows everything on the display fine through the area in question, so it doesn't appear to be a crack or dead pixels. Any idea what this is and can it be remedied?

Attachments

• WP_20140914_001.jpg
    WP_20140914_001.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1
Looks sort of similar to leaving an LCD screen in direct sunlight/heat. Does it look like that when turned off also? You might try putting it in front of a fan for a while if it's heat related. I suppose it may be pressure related too. I haven't seen it on that model specifically so guessing :)

Hopefully it's something that will clear with time like moisture or heat related, I would sure be sad if my 100lx did that.

I had a similar problem with a metal detector LCD display after it was out in the direct sun for a cupel of hours. I got it to clear by putting a plastic bag of ice on the display for a couple of minutes. I double bagged the ice to limit any chance of condensation getting into the display. Believe it or not but it worked like a charm.

Back