• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Help identifying a video card (IBM 5150)

PCFreek

Experienced Member
Anyone know what kind of video card this is? Looks just like an IBM, but it has 2 TV outputs and a daughter board. Both circuit boards are printed with "ACI" inside a state of Texas silhouette. Chip date codes indicate it is a mid 1984 card.

IMG_5604.jpg

Last edited:
It looks to be an EGA video card with the memory expansion module, very rare, very nice. While I cannot guarantee it is the IBM one, the layout of connectors on the bracket indicates such.

It looks to be an EGA video card with the memory expansion module, very rare, very nice. While I cannot guarantee it is the IBM one, the layout of connectors on the bracket indicates such.

I jumped the gun posting this... it is indeed an IBM EGA video card with memory expansion. There is a model number in solder on the back:
EGA card # 1501529
Memory Expansion # 1501531

Info is easily found online, so I apologize for starting this thread. Now this thread can go from "what is this?" to "check out this cool EGA card"... I cannot edit the thread title or delete the thread... sorry...

Last edited:
FWIW, those RCA jacks aren't composite outputs (or 2 TV outputs as you put it). They are part of the feature connector circuitry.

Thanks for the clarification... I looked up "feature connector" and see that you can do some cool stuff with it. I knew as soon as I used the term "TV outputs" that I was probably going to sound kind of dumb. Truth be told (and I can say this in all seriousness) that I am probably the dumbest guy on this forum. There is a LOT of incredible knowledge on here!

Back