• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Is the real WOZNIAC selling a Framed KIM-1 on Ebay??

CanadaPhil

Experienced Member
Hello Everyone!

This happens to be my very first post at VCF!

I did not really intend for this to be my very first post here, (I am here to rekindle my childhood Commodore memories among other things), but a listing on EBAY has caught my eye.

It is for an original KIM-1... a Beautiful Mint piece and custom framed. What I caught just by accident was the Seller ID.... WOZNIAC !

He is located in Washington State by the looks of it, and in addition to the KIM-1 has a ton of quite rare Apple stuff.

Could this be the REAL WOZ selling off some of his vintage stuff??

I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to post links yet as a brand new member, and I have not even gotten used to the site yet.

So, if anyone is interested just out of curiosity, you can just enter "KIM-1 FRAMED" as your ebay search variable. Or... here is the listing ID number 151424976948 as well.

Anyway, a strange first post I know, but give me a chance to look around!
:p

Looks to me like he is located in Canada, and has quite a few Canada-specific items. All in all far too many things that I just wouldnt expect to find in the posession of the famed Mr. Wozniak; what little I know of him.

Looks to me like he is located in Canada, and has quite a few Canada-specific items. All in all far too many things that I just wouldnt expect to find in the posession of the famed Mr. Wozniak; what little I know of him.

Yeah... The profile is a little odd. But when you go through it you can see that the seller account is originally created in the US.

In any event, the seller is clearly an uber Apple fan... Looks like about $10,000 worth of listed items.

Maybe the "Woz" has fallen on hard times.... Haha!
;)

I think we've discussed this user here before.. I'll try to find the link but no I don't believe he's Steve, he just uses the name and used to sell vintage Apple gear IIRC.

Ok, can't find the discussion but I remember more of it now. He sold that Twiggy prototype Mac a while back and his name is spelled different although the obvious misleading sounding name it isn't Steve Wozniak. I'm pretty sure he even joined here at one point to say similar.

Last edited:
Thanks for that.

Crazy. It still does NOT really explain how he was able to acquire some of his initial finds while only in his 20's? And with what cash!?? He was working as a tech advisor in a retail shop!??
Maybe its just me, but reading between the lines of the story makes it almost sound like people who had no idea what they were sitting on were coerced into giving this away to him for nothing.

I'm not going to speculate too much on that last point. I assume he hasn't done anything that keeps him from sleeping at night.

Last edited:
For that matter, I doubt that Stephen Wozniak has exclusive worldwide rights to his surname in any spelling. Take for example Danish tennis player Caroline Wozniacki, who obviously has a slightly different spelling and a trailing letter "I", but probably to the general public is better known than The Woz. Obviously this is her real name, not a nickname but this might also have been the case of Googlevitch.. err Goolevitch. :p

Thanks for that.

Crazy. It still does NOT really explain how he was able to acquire some of his initial finds while only in his 20's? And with what cash!?? He was working as a tech advisor in a retail shop!??
Maybe its just me, but reading between the lines of the story makes it almost sound like people who had no idea what they were sitting on were coerced into giving this away to him for nothing.
Yeah, I think we discussed that here a while back when he bought some rare Mac from an old retired guy for a few hundred and sold it for $10K or so...

not a nickname but this might also have been the case of Googlevitch.. err Goolevitch. :p

He comes out and says that he picked his eBay handle to purposely sound "Apple-y" in that second article I linked to. Whether that's "sketchy" or not is certainly open to interpretation, but picking the name of an actual living human rather than, say, a product name or a place... I dunno.

The ebay seller (wosniac) is in a city just across the river from where I live. He seem to have mostly Apple stuffs for sale. There are the odd times when he lists some Amiga stuff...but his prices are not within my budget range for sure.

RizThomas

Back