• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Using an apple SCSI card in an IIGS

mpatoray

Experienced Member
I have an apple SCSI card that I want to use with my IIgs so I can run GS/OS 6. I hear they can be a bit temperamental to get running, whee there any specific requirements for drives to be used with the card?

Thanks,

Matt

I have an apple SCSI card that I want to use with my IIgs so I can run GS/OS 6. I hear they can be a bit temperamental to get running, whee there any specific requirements for drives to be used with the card?

Thanks,

Matt

Matt - Before I got my MicroDrive Turbo and CFFA3K cards, I ran an Apple SCSI Rev C card with several SCSI drives attached on my IIGS (ROM3) and never had any problems. I found the RAMFast card to be problematic on my system, but not the Apple card.

Ken
www.Apple2Online.com

I have a RevC, no issues with it on my IIgs, though I only use it for removable storage (Zip/Jaz drives), I am using CFFA2 for hard drive with OS, both seem to coexist just fine.

The only problems I could think of would be with IIgs control panel slot assignments, Slot 7 should work without extra config, but if you want it in another slot you would need to configure the IIgs for "Your card" in the slot assignments.

Last edited:
I don't have problems with these cards, too ;) An interesting usage of them that comes to my mind would be a very fast disk/image transfer between two SCSI controllers (one possibly on a PC)...

Back