• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IBM PC rev. A on EBAY (not mine)

It even comes with the printer and WordStar, very cool. I wonder what the serial number is. Can't read on the picture of the back.

I bought a 5150 (rev B) from the second seller. It is in beautiful shape and I couldn't be happier with it. I'm not really in the market for another 5150 but if that one goes for that opening bid it might be too good to pass up.

hello. another PC, and i gave it a long thought -to buy / not to buy - perhaps i was thinking to much - now it is sold :huh:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-5150-PC...-w-2-Floppy-Drives-640K-RAM-CGA-/181584559470
..the blue capacitors indicates it is a an early version - at what serial number did they change to the orange capacitors ??
/cimonvg

No idea. I did ask the seller if he had original boxes and for the serial number. By the time he got back to me he had already sold it and simply said sold. I have been trying to build a database of SN with descriptions of ones I see posted on eBay to try and answer questions like the one above (in regards to the cap colors). However, its not always easy to determine every criteria based on the crappy pictures. I know there was another database out there but I am not sure what data point they were tracking.

I bought a 5150 (rev B) from the second seller. It is in beautiful shape and I couldn't be happier with it. I'm not really in the market for another 5150 but if that one goes for that opening bid it might be too good to pass up.

Am i wrong or there are very rare single side floppys? Judging by the missing "5" connector on the front of top circuit board. Holly sh.. and all nice clean without any rust (pure jealousy)...

Am i wrong or there are very rare single side floppys? Judging by the missing "5" connector on the front of top circuit board. Holly sh.. and all nice clean without any rust (pure jealousy)...

He mentions in the auction they are dual sided (relisted here). Maybe he made a mistake? He also just listed some other rare items.

Back